Rack for the GT...?

Logan11

GT Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Taking an overnight trip with my wife in the GT sounds great to do on occasion.
Problem is...well i am sure you already know. has anyone ever seen or heard of a temporary rack for that can be put on the car - maybe one reminiscent of the old style racks that mounted over the trunk.

figured it was worth asking.

Roger Vincent

GT Owner
May 31, 2006
Bowling Green, KY
Nope, if you have a lot of things and are taking a moderate trip, why not fed ex your things to your destination?

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
I think the best rack for a GT is vividly displayed as Bony's avatar :biggrin:thumbsup

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
After doing two marathon trips in the GT one of 1450 miles and one of 3500 miles. small bag in the front with a small detail kit ... ship the rest.

DHL is the best rack for the GT.:thumbsup

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Personally, I like to ship the wife and use the space for myself and let her worry about the luggage on the plane. Butttttt, if you really must take it with you, a folding clothes bag fits behind the seat, you can pack up small gym bags behind the headrest, and don't put anything in the trunk that might melt or boil. If it rains, plan on everything in the trunk getting wet when you open it and your lap getting wet when you open the doors. I also bought a suction cup hook for the back window that I hang my jacket and cap on. Works great.

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.

Attachments

• Prototype Genaddi Trunk.jpg
    Prototype Genaddi Trunk.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 322

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
I think the best rack for a GT is vividly displayed as Bony's avatar :biggrin:thumbsup

I second that!