Racing Simulator recommendations?

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Gents,
I figure some of you probably have some tricked out racing simulators for days when can't take the GT out, or don't want to risk an ever increasingly valued car.
I'm contemplating setting up something 'mid level' in my shop - not one of the crazy $30k systems, but more than a Sony Playstation...
Any suggestions appreciated in terms of what to get, what not to get etc...
I had a few helpful recommendations from Specracer, but am curious to get some more info and see what some of you other guys are doing.

Thanks

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006

furlong

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 14, 2007
pennsylvania
I bought the Logitech G27 and a race seat with pedal platform and it is great fun. I use it to drive tracks that I have not visited yet, but will race in vintage racing clubs. Like LimeRock. Watkins Glen, etc.
Drive the track and get to know the layout so when you show up for the weekend races you have a clue about the track. It's amazing how accurate the tracks are duplicated.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I bought the Logitech G27 and a race seat with pedal platform and it is great fun. I use it to drive tracks that I have not visited yet, but will race in vintage racing clubs. Like LimeRock. Watkins Glen, etc.
Drive the track and get to know the layout so when you show up for the weekend races you have a clue about the track. It's amazing how accurate the tracks are duplicated.
Thanks for reply. Curious - which seat/platform did you get, and what software are you running?
Thanks

furlong

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 14, 2007
pennsylvania
The seat is called Corsa driving cockpit and I found it on Ebay. I think it was around $300. I am using iRacing.

GTHunter

GT Owner
Feb 14, 2012
Houston, TX
Iracing and a G27 is a great combo. i would opt for a manual 6 speed shifter with a set of good adjustable pedals.