Question for Two Vehicle (GT) Owners Including Heritage

eshrink

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
K-P Garage:

Can you imagine being a first grader where all the kids think your dad is about the coolest thing going?

Mine is in the 4th grade. When I picked him up in car pool, I had a lengthy discussion with another father who decried the pain of having his two kids in private school but secretly wanting a 911.

Kids are the greatest fans of cool cars. I am amazed at how much car data they can carry.

When you pick him up in the Heritage, likely everyone will go into cardiac arrest.

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
one of my cub scouts

I am also a den father in cub scouts. One of my first grader tiger cubs is like a 30 or 40 year old guy. He reads about 8 car mags a month. He actually showed me the "100" in the headlamp unit to commemorate the Ford centenial. Turns out it was in a Scholastic book that he read called "cool cars". If you don't know about it, don't feel bad, I have even been to the factory and did not know it.
I drive a minivan as my work vehicle. When I got it a couple of months ago I thought he was going to transfer to another den. He said "I can't believe you got a minivan. I just can't believe you would do something like that". He was serious! I now have to teach him it makes you appreciate the GT all the more.

eshrink

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
K-P Garage:

Great story. People that get so deeply into cars, yet do not have them, have pre-conceived notions as to what owners are supposed to do. It is interesting human behavior.

I find that my girls (I have three) are the true sources of appreciation for the GT. They receive indirect reflected glory of ownership: As females, they are not required to know about cars, but because of my interests, they know a fair amount. Their male classmates say "Oh my God, your dad has like a (name car), and the girls (deliberately) just shrug and say "yeah he finds that car an amusing little bit of transportation." The boys (13-16) then think that is "oh so cool."

I came home the day after receiving the GT, and two of the boys, in school uniforms, were staring at the car, one dropped to his knees and said "I am not worthy...I am not worthy...(saw me and added)...oh, sorry...but I truly am not."

- doc