Question for those with power upgrades??

gzl

GT Owner
Jan 27, 2010
I notice that a fair # of owners have had TT, different superchargers, etc. modifying their power supply. How many of you are using that modified power for racing vs street use? Why did you alter the stock system?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
i use my TT/SC setup for street and track. love it.

Why.....because too much power is never enough.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
i use my TT/SC setup for street and track. love it.

Why.....because too much power is never enough.
Or, do you really mean.................."there's no such thing as too much power"?

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
"If some is good, more is better, and too much is just enough" ---Carroll Shelby

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
I notice that a fair # of owners have had TT, different superchargers, etc. How many of you are using that modified power for racing vs street use?

Virtually every owner drives his GT on the street no matter how it's modified. Ray Hofman drove his 2200 HP yellow GT to dinner at the last rally. Although many of us track our GTs or run them at the Mile or Strip, very few people actually race Ford GTs. Robertson and Matech are obvious exceptions.

Why did you alter the stock system?

Unlike race horses, these cars do not respond to motivation & encouragement. Hitting them in the ass with a whip will not make them go faster. So we either alter the stock system or accept the stock performance.

Chip