Prototype roof panels

Yogi

Photographer
Aug 28, 2006
Green Bay, WI
I got some pics today of our roof panels that have once again left prototyping and gone to the Carbon Fiber guys. The major design challenge was in Sealing and Locking. Stay tuned to this forum as we get production up to full speed and begin daily updates to our site.

http://gtx1.com/news.html

Have a great day!!!

Last edited:

SVTregistry

Jan 16, 2006
NYC
love the way that black one looks on the site!

waterboy

Aug 13, 2006
Any NVH problems

It looks like your using simple slip fit pins to hold the panels in place. Have you had any issues with squeek/rattle. Also do you have any pictures of the system to latch the panels in place?

One last question, how did you validate structural rigidity of the frame after cutting off the top? I heard the roof structure is the strongest in the industry any carries much of the frame flex loads-how did you overcome that?

Genaddi

Permanent Vacation
Jul 14, 2006
Green Bay, WI
GTX1 Strengthening

waterboy said:
It looks like your using simple slip fit pins to hold the panels in place. Have you had any issues with squeek/rattle. Also do you have any pictures of the system to latch the panels in place?

One last question, how did you validate structural rigidity of the frame after cutting off the top? I heard the roof structure is the strongest in the industry any carries much of the frame flex loads-how did you overcome that?

Sorry we haven't taken a moment to respond to your question. Production of the GTX1 is taking up a great deal of time now that it is getting back on schedule. We are also getting a car ready for SEMA. Mark is up to his eyeballs in bent metal. Anyway, I haven't had a moment to ask him the specifics of how the GTX1 is strengthened, but, here is my understanding of things. We add lateral support in the front hinge pin area for crash and floor supports that go all the way around the floor locking onto the sides and rear of the extrusions making the car very, very strong. These supporting areas and a few others located around the chassis bring back what is lost when the top is removed. I can't really talk allot about it more then that, as it is proprietary information. I hope this answers your questions, again, sorry for the delay!
Yogi

Genaddi

Permanent Vacation
Jul 14, 2006
Green Bay, WI
Roof Panel Mold

We are getting closer to having the Roof Panel Mold completed. To view photos of the mold please visit our website at www.gtx1.com/roofpanels.html. Thanks and we will keep you updated as we continue the process.

Matt