Problem with center console controls

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
Hey guys!

I have looked through numerous old threads and did not find any that mirror this problem.

The center console lights (the ones around the climate controls) work sometimes at start up, and even when they do work, they will go out after some time when driving. When they go out, the climate controls are also disabled. This includes disabling of the A/C, the heater, and the fan motor that "blows" the air.

The car has been to the dealer several times under warranty for this problem. The service technicians recommended a new battery (the first time this problem reared its head, the car wouldn't start and the battery was dead).

A new battery was installed and everything seemed to work for a month or so. Then the climate control / center console light issue returned. :frown The technician said to make sure to keep the battery fully charged. As a result, the car was kept on a trickle charger at all times. However, the problem still persists.

Although the car is out of warranty now, they will probably still fix it, since the original problem and "fix" occurred under warranty. Either way, before taking the car back, I thought I'd post this to see if any forum members can shed light on this problem to help direct the technicians.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Appears to me that the connector in your center console is loose. I doubt your battery is causing this problem. The battery replacement is an entirely different problem and solution, not related to your console lights, A/C working, etc. which is probably just a loose electrical connector.

Last edited:

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
I'm sure it was checked, but maybe the old ground wire.

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
Appears to me that the connector in your center console is loose. I doubt your battery is causing this problem. The battery replacement is an entirely different problem and solution, not related to your console lights, A/C working, etc. which is probably just a loose electrical connector.

Would be odd that it was brought in multiple times and the GT tech didn't check for a bad connection. Will talk w/the tech on this. Makes sense, thank you. :wink

GTJIMMY

Permanent Vacation
Jun 12, 2009
Lloyd Harbor, NY
Call Denis and Rich (aka:the GTGUYS)

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
My car had some of the same issues. I needed to replace the complete A/C control module. Thankfully the car was under warranty because they are
$ 900 :frown