Potential Group Buy from Black Art Graphics

LMT84

GT Owner
Dec 25, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Ford GT family . . . I am reaching out to test interest in a unique group buy.

Some of you will recall a UK company called Black Art Graphics who previously ran group buys on this forum for these highly detailed laser etched aluminium technical plaques for the 2005-2006 and 2017-2022 GTs. I have one of their largest A1 (33x24") sized pieces for my 2020 model proudly displayed in my garage, with a matching A4 (12 x 8") one in my office, and they always catch people's eye when they visit.

I recently contacted the business owner Dan again to ask if they could create a new design for my new 2023 MkIV, and they informed me that due to the extremely limited numbers of this model and the difficulty involved with getting the reference images they need together, that they would need a minimum of 5 confirmed orders for the new model in order to cover the development of the new design.

Though I have not given up on a few more Mark IV owners taking Dan up on this opportunity, the reality is that not many Mark IVs have been delivered as of yet so Dan made an offer and said if I could get a group buy consisting of any of the existing models in the catalogue, that he'd be willing to create the Mark IV design, hence this post!

If you're not familiar with these pieces, they're insanely good quality being machined from 3mm thick brushed aluminium, which is anodised matte black after cutting (so both faces, even the edges are black) unlike some of the cheaper copies that have cropped up. The thicker plates and machined edges mean these don't require framing and mount to the wall directly using a kit that attaches directly to the rear of the plate.

The drawings themselves are created in house by Dan who was a mechanical engineer and CAD designer with a degree in Motorsport Engineering. Each one starts with a very precise professional photoshoot of the car which Dan likens to 3D scanning with a standard camera. The amount of detail included on these is absolutely phenomenal, the one for my 2020 has all the carbon fibre detailing with the weave perfectly following the contours of the bodywork. Dan calls these illustrations 'High Definition Orthographic', as great care has been taken to ensure not only has every detail been captured, but that also the proportions correctly reflect that of an authentic 'orthographic' engineering drawing where there is no vanishing point or perspective distortion (again, something the cheaper imitations do not pay attention to).

Each one of the plaques is individually customised to match your GT by incorporating, at a minimum, details such as the license plates (in the correct style for your state), VIN, build date, paint colour and individual spec. Technical specifications can be updated to reflect modified cars, and with suitable photographs, he can even incorporate modifications into the visual appearance of the vehicle.

As final testament to the quality, Dan let slip that he has recently been commissioned by a certain UK based supercar manufacturer headed up by a well know F1 designer, as well as working on customer gifting and merchandise projects for brands like Lotus, McLaren, Automobili Pininfarina, Pagani and Hennessey Special Vehicles in the past.

Dan has kindly offered a fantastic group buy discount on the large format range of GT products, the A2 (23 x 16") plaque normally retails at £399 GBP (~$550 USD) and the A1 (33 x 23") version at £699 GBP (~$970 USD) but if we can get a minimum of 5 orders together, he can do those for £299 and £599 respectively. Dan also kindly offered to extend this deal to any other vehicles you might want to add, provided they exist in his catalogue.

If there is more than 5 interested, he can include the smaller A3 (16 x 12") version into the group buy albeit at a smaller discount (£249 instead of the list price of £299)

If you would be interested in commissioning one of these for your GT, please just post your interest, along with the vehicle model(s) and preferred plaque size.

If you want to learn more, Black Art's website can be found at https://www.blackartgraphics.com/.

Thanks,
Lee

Attachments

• BlackArts1.jpg
    BlackArts1.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 49
  • BlackArts2.jpg
    BlackArts2.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 44
  • BlackArts3.jpg
    BlackArts3.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 39
  • BlackArts4.jpg
    BlackArts4.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 36
  • BlackArts5.jpg
    BlackArts5.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 34
  • BlackArts6.jpg
    BlackArts6.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 44
Reactions: Ed Sims and spartan

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
While I don't need another of Dan's plaques I can assure his art is highest quality as is his service.

Anyone who signs up will not be disappointed. Good luck LMT84, hope this happens for you and others!

LMT84

GT Owner
Dec 25, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
While I don't need another of Dan's plaques I can assure his art is highest quality as is his service.

Anyone who signs up will not be disappointed. Good luck LMT84, hope this happens for you and others!
Thank you KJD

anya

NGT,GT/GTX1 Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
Interested in MKIV (#65 coming)

LMT84

GT Owner
Dec 25, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Interested in MKIV (#65 coming)
Fantastic … would be great to get a few more Mark IV owners. Next on-track delivery event coming up in June at Road Atlanta.