Please tell me about vertical doors. I want to buy it!

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
Can you comment on the day-in-day-out livability/functionality? Did you have the GT for long previously and did you have door/parking/exiting experiences that were resolved with this modification?
Thanks

After about a year of ownership I had them installed. Was living at the beach, with a tiny garage and always tight parking. Totally cured my issues. I don't have, or have used, any other cars with upswept doors so I have nothing to compare their functionality too. I'll assume full factory solution is somewhat more robust but I learned how to use these from the get-go and haven't had any issues since. It's been 13 years. If they were crappy they'd have failed by now. I can return to stock whenever I like but haven't had the desire to do so.

Mine are cast, I think the new are billet. Not sure if there's any functional difference between the two.

Reactions: RPM217 and 2112

Tomcat

GT Owner
After about a year of ownership I had them installed. Was living at the beach, with a tiny garage and always tight parking. Totally cured my issues. I don't have, or have used, any other cars with upswept doors so I have nothing to compare their functionality too. I'll assume full factory solution is somewhat more robust but I learned how to use these from the get-go and haven't had any issues since. It's been 13 years. If they were crappy they'd have failed by now. I can return to stock whenever I like but haven't had the desire to do so.

Mine are cast, I think the new are billet. Not sure if there's any functional difference between the two.
Thanks...I was always curious if they "worked" (good enough). I seem to have most of my door issues when I am at a car show/cars & coffee and the organizers/parking directors are trying to optimize the space for maximum cars.

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
You can park in any stall and get in and out without worrying. It's definitely the primary advantage of having them.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

Reactions: GTMD

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I am assuming these are repackaged Guerin units but the interesting part is they offer motorization of all the systeams they sell.

CC-APD

GT Owner
Mar 11, 2021
Japan
View attachment 65073
I got these through Shelby Smith, but not sure if he’s got anymore kits available.
 Thank you Mr.Mk2 GT.
 My car is the same color tungsten as you!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0370.JPEG
    IMG_0370.JPEG
    1.1 MB · Views: 33

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
^^^ Interesting front fascia

Reactions: B.M.F.

B.M.F.