Pleasant LEO Encounters

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I will preface this by saying that, after more than a year, my GT is fairly well known around Sarasota.

So, tonight I'm restless. I decide to go for a drive after dark. Usually I'm in bed by dark.

I'm driving along a six lane divided through town. Lots of whistles, hoots, challenges. The usual on any Friday night.

I have my Exoticare engine bay lights on. Because...I never drive at night. I never get to see them. And it looks cool.

Then I hear a whoop whoop and see a flash of blue. F*#k! Hmm...he's not pulling me over.

We stop at a light alongside each other. Sarasota County Sheriff SUV. He rolls down his passenger window.

Sheriff: How's it going?

Me: Thumb up out the window.

Sheriff: Great! But you need to not pass me going 20 over. And turn out those blue lights!

Me: Yes Sir! Have a great evening!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Glad that turned out well. I'd hate to see you in jail married to the guy with really big feet.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Lucky draw on that cop, most would probably not been so cool.

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
So, when I'm down there in my GT in the fall can I mention your name if I get pulled over?

Howard

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Howard, The GT gives you immunity.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
Shortly after Rally 8, I was driving at night on the freeways of SoCal. I needed to make a lane change but I would have to drive over the dreaded double yellow line to do so. I decided that I could get away with it and there was no apparent danger to man or beast so I did it. Within a nanosecond very bright blue lights came on behind me. I pulled over, as directed, and a LEO approached the car. I rolled down the window and apologized for the illegal lane change. He said “I’ve never seen one of these cars up close. Would you rev it up, please?” I complied.

My grandson, who was riding shotgun, said to the CHP’er, “My Dad has a Ferrari California.” The cop said, “That’s a girl’s car!”.

The cop mentioned several other exotic cars he had pulled over recently, said he never tickets really cool cars and sent me on my way.

That makes three times I have been stopped by officers who just wanted a peek at the GT.

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
I have been stopped three times by police who wanted a looky-loo while driving my Raptor back in 2010 when they first came out...only one stop for the GT.

Stu

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
I posted this story back in 2006 on another thread but these posts reminded me of it so I'm re-posting a police incident I had before I moved back to the U.S. with my car.

I was driving my car in London the other day trying to find a hotel that was difficult to locate. I saw two police cars pulled over and stopped my car about fifty yards ahead of these cruisers and then ran back to ask if they knew the location of the hotel. One of the cops asked if that was my GT 40 and started walking towards it. He began telling me that there were only 29 of these cars in the United Kingdom (28 actually) and he then went on to give me more details about the car than I knew. He then asked if he could sit in it. When I said yes he took off his belt, which held all of his weaponry, and put it on the sidewalk. He climbed into my car and started revving the engine with a huge grin on his face. You've gotta love these cars!

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Town cop pulled into my driveway as I just entered.
"Can I help you officer?"
"Yea, tell me about the car, it's beautiful!"

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Driving back from Kendall's / CoolTech a few weeks ago and my 9 year old is a sleep in the passenger seat. I'm in the car pool taking it easy and the freeway is relatively empty. Two moto CHP officers come flying up on my passenger side. One chirps his siren and lifts his hands as to say, "are you really driving in the car pool lane". I had to wake my daughter and ask her to sit up so that he could see there was someone in that seat. After that he gave me the thumbs up and they both flew off. I guess she was impossible to see from their view.

Vince H