Performance Packages / Need Volunteer(s)

KenBMD

Feb 22, 2006
Performance Packages / Need Volunteer

I am currently putting together some different packages for the GT. Obviously, you can create your own package and I can give you a custom quote, but these packages will give you a basic idea of what is possible and the price.

Before I outline the packages, I wanted to let you guys know that we are looking for a 'shop car'. Whenever we are doing development on a new platform, we need a car handy to look at and also to test the modifications. When I say test, I don't mean to see if the modifications work. All the modifications I will outline work well. What we need to test is the installation of these parts (time involved, additional parts needed) and also to get an exact idea of the increase in power we will see. In return for being our shop car, the owner will get generous discounts on the parts and labor and magazine coverage most likely.

Here is what I have outlined, but this list can grow/change due to your feedback.

Stage I
Includes:
2.8" Blower Pulley
MAF adjuster (required for tuning)
SCT Xcalibrator 2 (also can be used as a datalogger)
Labor

$1995 - This price is accurate and this package is available now
We just made 609 rwhp and 578 rwtq with this kit conservatively. Depending on the octane gas you want to run, I think 625-635 rwhp is possible safetly.

All the below packages are estimates because the exhaust kit from Stainless Works is currently being designed on our customers car. Estimated completion date with dyno numbers is the end of March.

Stage II

Includes:
2.8" Blower Pulley
MAF adjuster (required for tuning)
SCT Xcalibrator 2 (also can be used as a datalogger)
Stainless Works Full Exhaust
Labor

~$6995
These dyno numbers should be available by the end of March.

Stage III
Same as Stage II but instead of a pulley, this package includes the Kenne Bell snout swap

~$9995

Stage IV
Same as Stage III add:
Race Prepped Ported and Polished Heads with Custom Camshafts

~$22,500

As I said, these are just rough estimates based on our experience. Once we have someone do each kit, I can quote exact prices and power gains. If we do not find a 'shop car' and you are the first person to get one of the packages above installed, you will receive a discount since we will be using your car for the data needed and advertising to sell the kits.

Let me know what you guys think,

Ken

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
KenBMD

Ken, on the headders/exhaust system, I would like to see a 1 3/4" MID-LENGTH headder and a 3" exhaust system, with/without CATS !!! There is already a 1 5/8" Longtube headder and 2 1/2" exhaust system aviable. I beleive a HIGH HP car, like the GT NEEDS it!!

AMB

KenBMD

Feb 22, 2006
AMB said:
Ken, on the headders/exhaust system, I would like to see a 1 3/4" MID-LENGTH headder and a 3" exhaust system, with/without CATS !!! There is already a 1 5/8" Longtube headder and 2 1/2" exhaust system aviable. I beleive a HIGH HP car, like the GT NEEDS it!!

AMB

Well, how about 1 7/8"? I think that's the plan on the Stainless Works. And the system with the cats will probably have to be a mid length. So if you really wanted a mid length without cats, that shouldn't be a problem.

Ken

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
KenBMD

Will it be a 3" system?? Can you get it HPC coated ?? What are you using for the MAF adjuster?? Are you pegging the stock GT MAF??

AMB

KenBMD

Feb 22, 2006
AMB said:
Will it be a 3" system?? Can you get it HPC coated ?? What are you using for the MAF adjuster?? Are you pegging the stock GT MAF??

AMB

Hard to say right now as they haven't gotten too far with it yet and they are not sure what will fit, but 3" is the plan.

We are using the Mafia. Yeah yeah, I know it's diablo, but it works pretty well. On the car we did with the 2.8 pulley, the MAF pegged at 6,400 RPM. Tony at HP had the one he worked on peg at the same spot.

Ken

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
So based on the difference between stage 1 and 2, the SW headers are gonna cost ~$4500?

Get some pics up ASAP also on the SW system :thumbsup

Also, stupid question and I think I know the answer but...who is doing the headwork, cam grinding and what cam shaft company are you getting the "core" from?

I have crower stage 3 blower cams and full SW exhaust (headers to catback) on my 04 cobra and get compliments on the sound all the time. Cannot wait to hear SW exhaust and cams on a GT :ack

KenBMD

Feb 22, 2006
50 BMG said:
So based on the difference between stage 1 and 2, the SW headers are gonna cost ~$4500?

Get some pics up ASAP also on the SW system :thumbsup

Also, stupid question and I think I know the answer but...who is doing the headwork, cam grinding and what cam shaft company are you getting the "core" from?

I have crower stage 3 blower cams and full SW exhaust (headers to catback) on my 04 cobra and get compliments on the sound all the time. Cannot wait to hear SW exhaust and cams on a GT :ack

All head work would be done by Al P. of Boss330
We will probably go with a custom grind from Comp as their cams seems to be the most consistant grinds.

On the exhaust, I was estimating closer to $4,000, the rest goes towards labor. Their goal is to come in under FRPP on price.

Ken

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
KenBMD

You might look at doing something with the intake/airbox etc; as KB says that the inlet is colasping at high boost !! I would like to have two WB bungs install, for AFR's also.

AMB

KenBMD

Feb 22, 2006
AMB said:
You might look at doing something with the intake/airbox etc; as KB says that the inlet is colasping at high boost !! I would like to have two WB bungs install, for AFR's also.

AMB

I already requested the wideband bungs from Stainless Works and they said they would incorporate those standard.

As for the intake/airbox, I would need someone to take me up on the 'need a volunteer' portion of this thread. I need a car here to really design it right, then of course test it.

Ken

KenBMD

Feb 22, 2006
bump

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Wouldn't it be better to go to the snout before the headers. The hp has already already been tested and known.

KenBMD

Feb 22, 2006
californiacuda said:
Wouldn't it be better to go to the snout before the headers. The hp has already already been tested and known.

Depends, alot of people what exhaust simply for the sound improvement.

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Do you know yet how the exhaust sounds?

KenBMD

Feb 22, 2006
californiacuda said:
Do you know yet how the exhaust sounds?

All I have is this video clip

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1161&highlight=stainless

idle and some revs. Once the car gets back here, I'll post a video of it on the dyno and also possibly some street videos.

Ken