Penske shocks for sale

MR2Race

FGT The Velvet Hammer
Apr 6, 2006
Northville Mi.
Penske racing shocks For the New Ford GT (40) super car.

As the exclusive distributer of Penske shocks for the GT. T&A Shocks is proud to announce the long awaited introduction of a true high performance racing shock designed and built for this true super car.If you must have the best in performance dampers, this is for you.
Proudly made in the USA. http://www.penskeshocks.com/home.htm

Like all Penske shocks, the design is a true monotube. With a separating piston keeping the damping fluid separate from the nitrogen gas charge. And is completely serviceable as a take apart racing design, It also has a threaded body with adjustable spring seats for adjustable ride height. And uses common 2.5" I.D. coil over springs( can be ordered to use stock 70mm springs if you wish).

Adjustable damping - The base model is a double adjustable unit. That has a 20 position red knob adjuster in the shock shaft for Rebound. And a 16 position bump adjuster black knob on the remote bump can.
Or you could order a 3 way set with high and low speed compression (Bump). Along with the rebound adjuster.

We have also developed a mounting kit with the appropriate length bump can hose, Stainless steel brackets and clamps to fit 05, 06, 07 Ford GT. Along with instillation instructions.3
It is a complete bolt on coil-over racing damper kit. (Drilling of 1/8" holes in non critical areas.
For stainless steel pop-rivets to secure the bump can brackets is required)

Pricing :
A set of 4 Penske double adjustable $4700 ($985 ea)
Set of 4 springs (installed on dampers) $320 ($80 ea)
Custom mount kit $170

Total for complete ready to install kit $5190
(+ shipping)

Or you can up-grade to the 8760 Penske Triple adjuster $5800 ($1450 ea)
Set of 4 springs (installed on dampers) $320 ($80 ea)
Custom mount kit $170
Total kit price for a set of 8760 Penske Triple adjustable is $6290
( + shipping)

Remember this is a custom coil over damper set. And the options list is extensive.
And all parts can be ordered separately.

Please Contact me with any questions you may have.

Alex Szilagyi / T&A shocks
313-600-5383 aszilagyi@comcast.net
Also see E-bay store
http://stores.ebay.com/TA-Shocks_W0QQsspagenameZMEQ3aFQ3aSTQQtZkm

Last edited:

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Alex,
Looks good, and at a very nice price too... What sort of spring rate are you supplying as the "track day" set-up?? Where are the bump cans located??

BTW: I used Penske shocks when I raced i Formula 3000 i Europe...:)

Last edited:

MR2Race

FGT The Velvet Hammer
Apr 6, 2006
Northville Mi.
Penske Shocks

Thanks for the questions,

The rates are about 7% stiffer than stock for the level 2 performance package. As the stiff chassis does not need much extra rate to respond positively.

Where are the bump cans located??

The rear remote is easy. Mounting on the trans crossmember. Makes it easy to reach the adjuster knob.

In the front we found a location under the trunk lid. That allows easy reach of the adjusters.
And easy instillation of the dampers. This is the real trick. Any time you install a shock with a remote on a car. The hard part is finding an easy to reach spot. That does not require shock disassemble to fit the bump can in an accessible spot. In this case it worked out quit nicely.

We are offering 3 different packages.
1. # 1 is street use only @ stock ride height.
# 2 is slightly stiffer for lower ride height on the street and track days.
# 3 Stiffer yet for track use.

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
Shocks

Alex,

Glad you have got the product to market. I await my set with great anticipation...

Gordo.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Penske shocks

Guys,
Apart from a pulley and tune, I think this could be the most sensible investment to make the GT truely second to none in terms of performance. I suspect it adresses the body nick (when breaking before the turn) and the body lean in the turn (by lowering it as base setting, causing less gravity side force) in a way the car becomes much more efficient on the track.
I am very tempted to do this minor investment, to arrive at the ultimate machine .
Any experience, ideally from race drivers, very looking forward !

Our car is kick ass, but a Ford GT Stradale is what I am aspiring to. It's not just the straight line, boys !

Stefan

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS
Alex how are the shocks coming along? No hurry for mine personally as my cars only just landed and I won't see it for a while yet still while it's being prepped for me.

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS
Still haven't heard anything yet re the shocks. How are they coming? Is there an ETA yet?

Last edited:

MR2Race

FGT The Velvet Hammer
Apr 6, 2006
Northville Mi.
So It will ship the same day.

OzGT said:
Still haven't heard anything yet re the shocks. How are they coming? Is there an ETA yet?

Yes I will have all the parts to start your damper build mid-week.
And your kit is less springs and remote mount kit.
So It will ship the same day.

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS
Thanks Alex, was following the progress on the other thread. :biggrin

Jim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 17, 2006
Michigan
If anyone upgrades their shocks and springs and is interested in selling their "take offs" (i.e. your old GT shocks and springs), I would be interested in purchasing. Thanks.

MR2Race

FGT The Velvet Hammer
Apr 6, 2006
Northville Mi.

OZ GT

Call me

Your dampers are ready to ship

Alex
313-600-5383