Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit

Reactions: Special K

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
What a great Automobile Man! Carroll welcomed Lee Home Today. Oh how he loved Lee Iacocca!

Reactions: Special K

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
What a loss for the industry. He will be missed.

JRGoens

GT Owner
Dec 3, 2008
Lincoln, NE
One of the greats in the industry gone! Rest In Peace

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
A true car guy, born and bred. Except for the Ford family, all the rest of them could just as well be running a pharmaceutical company.

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Lee was an icon and a visionary. Father of the Mustang and and a legend. Rest in peace.

QSS

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Lutz went to Lee and asked for $50M to build the Viper. Lee complied and gave him a ridiculous 18 months to do so. He did it. VIN 00001 went to Lee. Lutz got 00002. I bought 00002 from Lutz 10 years ago. BTW, Lee couldn’t really drive a stick.

Attachments

• 274B47E4-44C7-495B-A9FE-15119B721AA9.jpeg
    274B47E4-44C7-495B-A9FE-15119B721AA9.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 16

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
One of the greats in the industry gone! Rest In Peace

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
At Carroll Shelby’s memorial service at the Petersen Museum, I was ask by Cleo Shelby if I would help her get Lee Iacocca to his seat when arrived. Upon his arrival she met him out front and brought him up to the Memorial Service which was on the top floor. As a former Chrysler dealer I was thrilled. I walked up to Cleo and Lee I could tell he wasn’t very steady and walked with a Cain. I stuck my hand out and introduced myself as a former Chrysler dealer from Texas and could I help him to his seat? He looked up at me and Said” You qualify Son let’s find my seat, I can’t walk very far”.
At Keels and Wheels when Carroll and Sir Sterling Moss were invites some years ago Carroll was signing pictures When he started telling me about he and Lee’s relationship. He told me “He’ll Hamon If Lee was a Coca Cola distributor I’d go to work for him”. “He made my Career with Ford, I love that man”. Lee was the only close friend Carroll didn’t outlive! They’re together now remembering the past in a better place!

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
What an awesome memory Tomy. Wow. God's grace to Lee and his grieving family and thank you for all the joy and passion you have brought to so many of us. Icon.

Vince H

Reactions: THamonGT

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
94! Wow! He certainly led a full life that enriched the lives of literally millions. Incredible man.

94! Wow! Now that really makes me feel old!

If you haven't read his book, " Iacocca ", do so.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
He was a neat guy and lived a very interesting and long life. My high school driver's ed had a 1/2 dozen K Cars. POS, but they did the trick for Chrysler.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Final arrangements:

Ford Press Release: https://performance.ford.com/enthusiasts/newsroom/2019/07/lee-iacocca-passing.html

Last edited:

canibl

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2005
Sacramento, Cali
he has done so much in his 94 years of life, he has become a legend and will be missed dearly