Passenger side Air Bag Recall available

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I just got the notice in the mail that the passenger side recall, 16S26, now shows PARTS AVAILABLE!

recall page 1.jpg

recall page 2.jpg

This is NOT showing up in the Ford recall page yet though...

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Good news for sure. Was wondering what was going on since the airbag company went broke?

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Got mine as well, working with the local dealer to schedule a house call for the swap.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Received the same letter for my 05 GT. Waiting on the dealer to order and receive the parts. I hope it is for real this time

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
got mine.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
My dealer still says he can’t get passenger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Dealer and tech contacted me today, parts have arrived.

Will schedule install when I'm back in town.

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Local dealer said today no passenger side available yet despite Ford's letter. (He'll honor Ford Customer satisfaction program 14B009 regarding FGT airbag inflators replacement at owner's home). :thumbsup

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Only Driver avail in Houston, no passenger....

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Went to the dealer today. Girl at the service desk was a Moron; "We have done a million of these" even after I reminded her several times that it wasn't a mustang. She couldn't hear a word I was saying. Insisted the lower dash did not have to come off, they know what they are doing etc.

Talked to my go-to guy in parts who sent me to the concierge desk. Much better response but I can tell you the desk still had no idea what I was talking about.

They did confirm they have 3 passenger systems in stock. I said great, I will be back in a few weeks and asked for an appointment...............not so fast. They have 4-5 customers waiting and it will be first come-first serve. They said they can't put my name on one. They can only order another after one is installed.

I have an appointment for the 9th, we'll see how that goes. I will confirm I still have an actuator in stock before I pull in. Once there, I better be able to stay with the car or I will have to go elsewhere. This is exactly the part I was dreading; the crappy dealer experience.

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Only Driver avail in Houston, no passenger....

Called about a driver side recently which was also not available.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Called about a driver side recently which was also not available.

I've lost track. Is this the definitive 'fix' or just another band-aid like the first round of replacements?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I've lost track. Is this the definitive 'fix' or just another band-aid like the first round of replacements?

This is the final fix.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Anyone have this done at Galpin Ford in LA yet?

Thx

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Anyone have this done at Galpin Ford in LA yet?

Thx

I had some warranty work done years ago (clamshell vents) at Galpin and a windshield replacement done there as well. They were terrific.

I had my driver's airbag replaced at Santa Monica Ford and they also did a fine job. That's where I plan to get the passenger one changed out.

Kevin