Pantera turns 50

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
50 years with Ford power that is.

Pantera celebration in Dearborn this fall to celebrate. Unfortunately, the date coincides with the Goodwood Revival. ;-((

Reactions: Specracer

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
That was actually last fall, 2022. Looks like it was a good time; wish I could’ve been there with mine.

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Looks like a really great time. A lot like Rally X.

All those Panteras on the road must have been quite a sight! My son took our Pantera to the Ford 100. Wish we could have had it there for this event.

Love the picture of the Pantera parked next to the new GT. To me, the Pantera looks like a true and timeless Supercar. $10k in 1972!

Wasn't there a 1971 model, with round door locks?

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Would it be possible for Ford to collaborate with Detomaso to build a modern day version of the Pantera like was done with the Ford GT40? If so I would buy one 😻

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

+1

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Looks like a really great time. A lot like Rally X.

All those Panteras on the road must have been quite a sight! My son took our Pantera to the Ford 100. Wish we could have had it there for this event.

Love the picture of the Pantera parked next to the new GT. To me, the Pantera looks like a true and timeless Supercar. $10k in 1972!

Right. Those early “pushbutton” door release Panteras are a little extra-special to some collectors. Yes, 1971 was the first model year for Panteras, which is why that post, and the date of that event, was a bit confusing.

Tomcat

GT Owner
Timeless pair...
IMG_0598.JPG