painting billet vents

UB2SLOW

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2009
Suwanee, GA
I bought some billet vents for my rear hatch that I have had sitting in my garage for a long time. I need to get them painted blue to match the blue stripes on my white car. I was wondering if anyone knows of someone I can ship them to to paint them right?

Thanks,

Rich

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I bought some billet vents for my rear hatch that I have had sitting in my garage for a long time. I need to get them painted blue to match the blue stripes on my white car. I was wondering if anyone knows of someone I can ship them to to paint them right?

Thanks,

Rich

Shadowman did a ton of them for our group so you may want to PM him to see if he will still do them.

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
UB2SLOW I also have the same colour combo. I purchased both top and side vents from pe2unia above and Shadowman did the painitng for both sets. Excllent product and paint job, with out a doubt. You don't mention where the vents came from. As pe2unia said Shadowman is "DaMan" to have them painted.

UB2SLOW

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2009
Suwanee, GA
UB2SLOW I also have the same colour combo. I purchased both top and side vents from pe2unia above and Shadowman did the painitng for both sets. Excllent product and paint job, with out a doubt. You don't mention where the vents came from. As pe2unia said Shadowman is "DaMan" to have them painted.

I got them from pe2unia as well last July 2009.

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
That is good. Pe2unia and shadowman were working together on this. Pe2unia did the product and Shadowman did the painting for those who wanted them painted. He is your best source. His colour matched the oem vents perfectly.
Actaully Andrew from Exoticare came by one day and couldn't tell by looking at them if they were the oem or pe2unia's product.

dbackg

dbackg
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Here are the Ford paint color codes - Thanks to King Ralphie. :thumbsup

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11998&highlight=silver+stripe+color+code&page=3

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I just took mine to a good local paint shop. They did all 4 for $250. I thought it was fair and it came out well.

Vents1.jpg

Vents8.jpg

Yukonranger

GT Owner
Jun 9, 2008
Sagle, ID
I took mine to the local powder coater. It was $30 for the four vents. My car is black no stripe so it was easy to match.