Paint code help

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
I scratch the inside of the door sill this weekend.

It's the brushed alluminum sill that you see from the inside of the cockpit, not the one under the door with the Ford logo....

I did 2 very little scratches but it bothers me. It looks like a coat of some special paint as you can clearly see the shiny alluminum underneath it...

Is there a special touch up can that I can buy?

Thanks for your help

Matteo

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

It's the brushed alluminum sill that you see from the inside of the cockpit, not the one under the door with the Ford logo....

I did 2 very little scratches but it bothers me. It looks like a coat of some special paint as you can clearly see the shiny alluminum underneath it...

Thanks for your help

Matteo

Try Saleen (Troy). They'd pbly have that info if no one here on the Forum does. (248-743-4809 will connect you with Allen Eggly, paint ops boss)

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
Thanks Larry! That is very helpful.

I don't want to bother them (Saleen) too much... Are they superbusy or do you think they'll be happy to help me?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Thanks Larry! That is very helpful.

I don't want to bother them (Saleen) too much... Are they superbusy or do you think they'll be happy to help me?

I'd wait and see if someone HERE knows the paint code first for just the reasons you stated.
But, barring that - what other choice will you have?:shrug

BSim27

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 14, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA

Thanks for your help

Matteo

Has anyone found a good touch up for this?
Thanks

GT101

*UK Support*
Supporting Vendor
Jan 20, 2010
Colchester, Essex, UK
Pretty sure these are brushed aluminium which is then anodised - so not painted.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Yes, they are anodized brushed aluminum. However, after I scratched mine, I put satin clear film over them to protect them in the future. The clear film hides the scratches very well.