Open GT Spainsh championship 2006

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
This years open GT championship this weekend 11/11/12/06 in Spain on the Circuito di Catalunya will see a FordGT pilot/owner in the start grid. :biggrin

Unfortunately, as the FordGT is not yet FIA GT race ready, he will start in a Lamborghini Gallardo (MIK corse).. :wink

Race is Live on Eurosport ... 14.30 CET

... all excited ! :banana

Stefan

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Way to go Stefan! I'll try to watch.
:thumbsup

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Not the prettiest of race cars, but the sequential shifter promises to be fun, and Circuito di Catalunya is a fast track... :banana

team LauxS / FattoriP, Mik Corse

Attachments

• IGT-nr302.jpg
    IGT-nr302.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 163

Red Rocket

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2006
Pacific North West
Looks good to me. For those of us who probably won't get this on TV, can you record it and post it somehow? Or do you think it will be available at their website?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Team LauxS is my favorite! :banana

I'd love to see it if you can get a copy because most of us won't get that channel...

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
GT Catalunya

Dave,
I'll see what we can do.. !

ThANKS FOR THE GOOD WISHES, ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK !! :biggrin

Lot's of people are supposed to be comin, many entrants,I'll report back to the forum ! Check the website..

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Spanish GTopen, carnage and inferno, but big expen$ive fun !

It's been carnage.. 60 cars on the startgrid.... 22 of 60 cars didn't make it thru the 2hrs 10 min distance race, and got hit, shot out, or just hammered and killed off (the cars, that is), or burned down (Ferrari 430 GTA), or exploded on the straight at full speed (Viper)... :ack

It' was like driving at hyper speed through a giant car accident on a highway, trying to just escape. I got hammered down in round 27, while overtaking a F430 GTB at curve four, from another car coming up braking too late with no space left on the inside of the curve..... Btw, the only other Race Lambo Gallardo that exists on the world got hammered out already in round two, after starting from pole position on our class, being hit by the rebounding SEAT corsa of Jordi Gene (brother of Marc Gene, of F1 fame).

My qualifying time was 1.58.07, vs. 1.59.4 of the Ferrari challenge pilot last year, who came in eigths in the 2005 Italian championship, my team-mate Paolo Fattori, also first time in the Lambo..

Guys were impressed. Me too. What a race. And, never had such an adrenaline rush in my life ! Carnage, like in the Tom Cruise NASCAR movie, don't know if you saw that one !

regarding the Race Lambo GTS:
The car goes fast like stink. With the giant wing on the back, in fast curves you almost wet your pants everytime, because you are convinced you WILL fly off into the walls, but it somehow stays glued on.. UNBELIEVABLE vs. a Ferrari 430 challenge....Whole different level. The Viper guys had no chance in the fast curves after a good few rounds, but were damn fast on the straights, until the tyres decomposed. Huge wear problems. Ferrari GTB's and GTA's had also (known) tyre problems, few actually did explode on the track mid race before the pitstop. It was our big advantage, because our Lambos was setup so well (just backwheel drive due to FIA GT regulations, btw), it hardly showed any comparable tyre wear or graining. Amazing potential for next year, we will have a different shifter (electro hydraulic activated sequential box), exactly like the Formula one cars, shifting then in 60 milliseconds.. :biggrin

cheers

stefan

Last edited: