Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Okay. Sumbuddy has to say it: JASON!!!!!! COME QUICK!!!!!!!:willy:willy:willy

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Why do we keep hearing these stories of some dealership's idiot wrapping a hot car around a tree or something?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Why do we keep hearing these stories of some dealership's idiot wrapping a hot car around a tree or something?

This is precisely why my dealer DIDN'T fill the tank prior to transporting my car up here. In fact, the GM of the place told me directly that once a GT hit their lot, it was never taken off the lot by ANYBODY and it was only moved if it HAD to be. He cited just the circumstances discussed here as the reason for that. The BUYER is the only person who takes the car out on the street ( after handing over the "green stamps", of coarse).

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
According to the linked thread in that article, the porter got to keep his job :confused I don't understand that one bit. I realize when an employee makes a mistake that if you fire them you are often just making a better employee for the next employer, but this is a little too far out there. This isn't a case of coming into work late every other day...He totaled a brand new Dodge Viper after beating the sh*t out of it and hitting four parked cars.