ok guys please give me your input

David Gencay

GT Owner
Apr 23, 2006
my wife and i took gt out for a first ride yesterday after it sitting in the garage for almost 2 weeks.We got in the car with excitment and i said here we go as i opened the garage with my remote thinking to myself this is the moment ive been waiting for as my kids are watching i turn the key and push that red button guess what click click click dead battery after looking for an hour i discovered the battery is under the plate up front that holds the cover etc.After a quick charge with my charger fired right up ride was great didnt go over 60 mphdrove it for 15 minutes. Ok three questions one where do you plug the battery charger up to is the factory one ok or do i need a better one does it go to the cig lighter? I noticed the clam shell after parking it wow does it get hot seems like extreme temps under the shell glass was hot whole rear section was hotter than i expected . I have read what all you guys talked about on which exhaust to use someone told me the aftermarket borla ford exhaust is actually single lined where the factory is double lined and it gets hotter than the original? I spoke with Bob Ida what a nice guy seems like this is the way to go you guys have forgot what i will ever know but it does look like the factory big square exhaust does block hot air excape from the back and finally third checked my oil level before i left was just above the fill mark looked like i should add some oil but didnt i think i remember reading about false readings where someguys added oil and they actually over filled it . Thanks in advance for everything

regards Dave

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
For continuous usage, get yourself a little float charger (also comes with the car). A float charger will maintain a pre-determined target voltage in the battery and will not over-charge.

eshrink

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
Dave:

I had a Battery Tender on my Harleys. When I sold the last Harley, I bought a pigtail and used the battery tender on our Vipers.

As soon as the GT arrived, I ordered another pigtail from Battery Tender website, I attached it to the battery, and I keep the GT on a trickle charger.

During the Viper days, twice after the car had been sitting for a week or so, I found the battery dead. I then learned that other owners had the same experience.

It was (is) very straight forward to have the Battery tender sitting near the car, to plug it in when it is in the garage.

- doc