Oil Switch Wiring Diagram Error - FYI

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
One of the other GT owners (not so computer literate) received a message from Ford (I think from National service) regarding wiring. I told him I would pass it along. It may help soeone down the road.

Message states:

............We have concluded our review of your SPECS case xxxxx regarding 2006 Ford GT wiring diagram.

We agree with your concern that stated: (the) diagram shows an oil pressure "on / off" switch instead of a variable resistance sender.

The resolution to this concern is: 2005-2006 MY. Changed "oil pressure switch 9278" to "oil pressure sensor 9278". Updated component internals. Will be updated on electronic file.

The correction will be available on the PTS website within two weeks and on the next DVD. The next DVD may take two months or more depending on timing.

SFLGT

Dec 29, 2007
FtLauderdale,Florida
This is very common on all Ford cars, but the GT does have a lot of updates as for as wiring and things like splice and connector locations and pin numbers. I know i have found a few wrong pin numbers and wire colors in the EVTMs. PTS does get the updated info out first.