Oil Pump

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
Agreed. I think if there was one I may still be running the original. Just happy it was caught in time.

kobrar

Aug 10, 2014
I am installing the ford gt dry sump system on a 2012 cobra jet, I purchased 2 of these pumps, one for a spare, and both do not have the pulley threads that go all the way to the bottom, will either countersink the nut or add a washer, glad I saw this thread !

AJK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I had a similar experience when I was in Detroit in '13. The GT Guys were working on my car when Dennis noted the same sepage at the front of the pump. As they had one in stock he swapped it out and we compared the two. The shaft for the pulley on the original one didn't have threads that went down far enough to for the nut to tighten the pulley properly. This one missing thread allowed the pulley to wobble very slightly putting uneven wear on the seal. The threads on the new one was noticeably different and the pulley snugged up tight when the nut was torqued down. I have my old one at the shop and will get a pic of the shaft to compare.
Since the new oil was already in before the belt swap they had to drain it all to change the pump. I believe I hold the record for shortest distance between oil changes. 0 feet horizontal, 6 feet vertical.

Could you detect the wobble with the pulley and nut installed when on the car?

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
Could you detect the wobble with the pulley and nut installed when on the car?
Didn't notice a wobble but I think we caught it very early.