Oil Pressure Gage Not Working

RKGT

GT Owner
Apr 3, 2007
Boise, Idaho
I took my car to the dealer since the oil pressure gage stopped working completely, although the motor is fine. All of my other gages work fine, and from previous posts on the forum, it sounds like the oil sending unit may be the cause. The dealer did an electronic gage sweep check/test and said that the gage was dead. I was wondering if the cause could still be oil the sending unit? They wanted to lift the car and pull the under panels off to check the sending unit and wiring, and if that was OK, they wanted pull off the dash panels to check the wiring and gage. I told them that I would have the car lifted and the under panels pulled off when the car is ready for an oil change (which will be soon), so it could be done at the same time.

Since my warranty is expiring soon, I wanted to have this issue documented, so hopefully it will still be covered down the road.

Thanks,
RK

JLG

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 24, 2008
Miami, FL
Oil pressure gauge

My '05 GT(out of warranty) has been at the Ford dealership for almost two weeks waiting for a gauge to come from who knows where. The sender was replaced initially as that is the first "inexpensive" fix but that wasn't the problem. Make sure you get the problem fixed under warranty as my tab is already over $1,000 (gauge alone over $600).

Check other forum threads and this is not an uncommon problem with these supercars--would be nice to know if there is a recall, as the problem frequency smells like a defect somewhere. Any one out there have any "upgraded" gauges available or know why they fail so frequently?:ack

Good luck with yours!