oil leak, whats involved in the fix?

peiserg

GT Owner
Aug 15, 2010
Phoenix, az
When I had my 3.4 whipple installed by cooltech, an oil leak was noted on my belly pan. that was maybe 2000 miles ago. I have yet to see a single drop on the floor of my garage, but noted some seepage through one of the torx bolts holding the pan on.

I pulled the pan, and i beleive (though not certain) that it is leaking from the bottom of the driver's side of the transmission

what would be involved labor and $ wise for the fix? This is most definitely beyond my tools and abilities, so am merely looking to know if I'm getting hosed on a labor or price quote when i take it in. Alternatively, is this something I could have fixed at my house (I do have a 4 post lift with drive-on ramps) by Rich Rovack or an equally skilled Gt tech? There is a reputable place about an hour away.

Attachments

• gtleak2.jpg
    gtleak2.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 163
  • gtleak1.jpg
    gtleak1.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 162
  • 140.jpg
    140.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 162

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Thats an unlikely leak place. Get a flashlight and try to check the top of the semi-circle heat shield under the half-shaft. See if there's any oil on top - or if it is dry. If the axle bolt upgrade kit was not done with the TSB for the oil leak in mind, this could be where the oil is coming from. Let's hope so. It is a comparatively easy fix.

peiserg

GT Owner
Aug 15, 2010
Phoenix, az
I just degreased it, and will drive a little more, hopefully tease it out. I do have a 2ft flexible fiberoptic scope to assist.