Oil leak fix! Transaxle breather extender, available soon!!!

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Oil leak fix! Transaxle breather baffle extender, in stock!

To be available soon! Put an end to the transaxle breather leakage problem. After thousand of miles of testing, gtsaver.com will be offering a very nicely engineered extension to increase the installed height of the breather.

GT%20Breather%20extender%20SMALL.jpg

UPDATED WITH PRODUCTION VERSION:

Breather%20components.jpg

Breather%20extender%20assembly.jpg

Jay :thumbsup

Last edited:

Lgaruti

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Seminole, Fl
Trans fix

Jay, Let us know when it's ready. Larry

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Lgaruti said:
Jay, Let us know when it's ready. Larry
Larry,

I should have an image of the prototype soon. This was tested up to 160 MPH, with a warm transaxle.

Jay
www.gtsaver.com

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34

EasyEric

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2006
Florida and Georgia USA
Jay,

It looks like my car has the transaxle leak from the vent (my transaxle may have been overfilled, so I suppose over time it may stop).

I checked your website and did not see your vent extender for sale. When will it be ready for prime time and what is the estimated price?

Thanks in advance,
Eric

Last edited:

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Coming Soon!

Hello Eric,

No price yet, however, I am having a small batch of them machined and I very pleased to announce that my GT has been "bone dry" ever since I have installed mine!

I'll keep everyone posted.

Thanks,

Jay
EasyEric said:
Jay,

It looks like my car has the transaxle leak from the vent (my transaxle may have been overfilled, so I suppose over time it may stop).

I checked your website and did not sse your vent extender for sale. When will it be ready for prime time and what is the estimated price?

Thanks in advance,
Eric

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Why don't you have some nuclear reactor lights machined at the same time? Very cruel of you to taunt us with the knowledge that ONLY YOU have it. I can see you're going to force me back into bench research to fill this gap.

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Ready for shipment

Here is an image of the final product. The will prevent oil from weeping from the original transaxle breather.

Installation is simple, just remove the stock breather, screw it into the GTsaver extender and then screw the entire assembly back into the transaxle as shown below. This is a high quality product made from 6000 series aluminum alloy and a custom stamped part made from heat-treated beryllium copper. There was considerable engineering that went into this design, meaning it's not as simple as it appears. Units are now in stock at $169.95 each. I will have it on the website within the next few days.

Thanks all, Jay www.gtsaver.com

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34

Breather%20extender%20labeled.jpg

Last edited:

davisp

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 18, 2006
New Jersey
analog designer, how are you coming on the trans breather. I am interested in purchasing one. PD

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
They are ready for delivery!

PD,

I have a few in stock. Please call or e-mail me to order one.

Gayle and I are going have a very busy day on Friday packing and shipping.

Thanks for your interest,

Jay
(949) 366-1211
www.gtsaver.com

davisp said:
analog designer, how are you coming on the trans breather. I am interested in purchasing one. PD