OEM tyres

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Thanks, Jerry - I would likely use 1 set of rears per year; and 1 set of fronts every 2-3 years depending on the track usage.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Jerry (& DBK)- per your note above, I did call my Ford Dealer. I also had a call yesterday from FCSD ...as you are aware, I am involved in trying to help on the tire issue with FordMotorCompany.
What I found:
--Yes, the 20 sets seem to have hit the Ford Network Warehouse.
--They can get me a set of Fronts and rears.
--As far as they are aware , the tires have either 2005 or 2006 calendar year build dates on them
--The pricing would be: 18" fronts - $871.08 installed for pair.
--The pricing would be: 19" rears - $1393.12 installed for pair.
This is pricey, but I do not know the 'build-up' of the pricing. This would need to be understood.
I would order a new set of all 4 tires, but I think the pricing needs to be better and I would want 2011 build dated units
since I would most likely store them for a year or two.
If Tires (OEM Goodyears) are such an issue for our cars and owners, I think we need a 'sticky'thread on this item "OEM TIRES" and then
we need to start a serious negotiation with Goodyear, Production Purchasing and FCSD...
I would be interested in being involved personally as we have talked.
AJB (andy)

JPLeBoeuf

Feb 25, 2010
Dearborn, MI
Andy, thanks for the feedback. I definitely will keep working the issue & have been in contact with Marketing re: pricing & availability and Prod Purchasing re: new Run of tires. I'll keep all informed via this forum, and Dave, Sticky Note thread may be appropriate.