Nürburgring

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Curious, do you think that an association with this venue, e.g. vehicle development, enhances the value of your brand?

http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120820/RETAIL03/308209972/1193

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
It probably would...with gearheads anyway. (Remember "Win on Sunday, sell on Monday"?)

Not so much with Joe Public in general though, I would suspect...Prius pilots for instance...

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Been there twice - 1962 (1 lap) and 2010 (2 laps). :thumbsup

Can't wait to get back there again - would love to spend a day learning it! It may be called the "Green Hell" but it's the most wonderful experience for a driver! No time to look at the scenery, but you're aware of it as you pass by - it's the only way to remember any part of the road.

I can't recommend it enough to any person going there. I loved Riverside International Raceway, but Phil Hill taught me to love the Nürburgring.

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Been there twice - 1962 (1 lap) and 2010 (2 laps). :thumbsup

Can't wait to get back there again - would love to spend a day learning it! It may be called the "Green Hell" but it's the most wonderful experience for a driver! No time to look at the scenery, but you're aware of it as you pass by - it's the only way to remember any part of the road.

I can't recommend it enough to any person going there. I loved Riverside International Raceway, but Phil Hill taught me to love the Nürburgring.

Ralphie, you are a treasure of stories for the forum!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
1962 Nürburgring

1962 Nürburgring

Phil Hill in the Ferrari Sharknose 156:
View attachment 26007

Bruce McLaren in the Cooper F1:
View attachment 26009

Jim Clark in the Lotus F1:
View attachment 26010

Denis Jenkinson - Famous Photographer & Stirling Moss's Navigator for the 1955 Mille Miglia:
View attachment 26011

Jesse Alexander - Photographer and European Corresponent for "Sports Cars Illustrated" (later became "Car & Driver"):
View attachment 26012

These are previously unpublished photographs. All rights reserved.

Last edited: