noise while driving

phoenix

GT Owner
Nov 27, 2005
Cartersville, Georgia
I have less than 1200 miles, and since day one - there has been a rattle noise in the cabin - sounds like a loose "something" rattling against a casing. My passenger says it sounds like it is in the roof, and has pressed on the roof and made the noise sound different so maybe it is something in there? Has anyone had a similar experience and got any suggestions?

guywwagner

GT Owner
Sep 22, 2005
Nazareth,Pa
noises

I had the same thing with mine.Funny noise,seems to be in the cabin.I found what it was at the first oil change.Small stones picked up by the tires and deposited on the belly pans.There was really not much in there,buy it certainly did make a lot of noise.
Guy

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
I just started hearing a rattle, when traversing rough pavement, that was very heard to locate. It sounded like it was coming from the center console area at first, but when I turned my head then it sounded like it was in the dash or footwell.

I finally confirmed that it was coming from directly OVER my head (thus the difficulty in locating it...). It's right were the door meets the roof. If I put even a slight amount of upward pressure on that part of the door (the "roof" part) it instantly goes away. I'm taking it to my dealer on Monday to have the paint flaw in the lower front fenders looked at, so I will add this to the list. I'm also going to have them look into the "fan" noise that I keep hearing and I've heard other people talk about (the one that sounds like the climate control fan is always on behind the dash -- even when it's not...).

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia
I had the same noise overhead with mine, I just adjusted the female black piece that the male door pieces go in too, You can adjust them so they get a little pressure on them and then they quieted right down.

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Great info. I'll give that a try.

Thanks!

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Both of my inner aluminum door trim panels came loose at different times and rattled until I removed them myself and glued them back on. The passenger side even fell completely off. No problem since.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I have a serious rattle from the passenger seat area... However being an Aston owner - I'm quite used to these sorts of noises!

Dr Robert Harms

GT Owner
Nov 24, 2005
Rattles/Paint Flaws and Dealer Performance

It will be informative to track how well dealers address (or not) these fit and finish and similar niggling issues on cars that they did not actually sell particually when they may not have ever even see a car . The posts seem to indicate that buyers expect service comensurate with their 150000 cars or even service that they shoul;d expect with the cheapest new econobox . The only parallel I am aware of is to Vipers ( high dollar niche product out of the dealers mainstream) where many dealers disdained such repairs.

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
update !!!
just got this mailed to me, pertaining to the rattle and squeak problems:

"Sam, I spoke to our squeak and rattle guy, who's seen this before. The fix is to simply
readjust the upper door wedge in the roof to ensure that it squarely meets the wedge receiver in the door.
Loosen the 3 door screws so the wedge can center itself when the door is closed and
then retighten the screws. Obviously you don't want the wedge too loose -- where the wedge
would hit without entering the receiver".

i hope this helps---------sam #1451 red/white

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
That's one of the main reasons I read this forum daily. You guys are better connected than the dealers. I can learn about potential problems and the solutions before they even happen. Keep up the good work!! :cheers