Noise in The Super Charger

NY 05 GT 40

GT Owner
Apr 28, 2007
My car has a "rattle" in the Super Charger at idle. The dealer tells me its normal. My car has 3,000 miles, has had the rattle since 1500. Anyone else have that rattle at idle and does anyone believe this is normal??TIA

JMBLOWNWS6

Oct 28, 2006
If it is not too much trouble could you post a sound clip or a video for us to hear. The screws will make some noise but I havent heard a rattle sound to be honest with you.

H

HHGT

My 06 has a tic-tic-tic sound at idle. It goes away when the car warms up. I was later told that the brand/numbers that are paint stamped on the belt make that noise. If you drip some water from a water bottle directly on the belt, the noise goes away. It was later suggested to hold a bar of soap against the belt (when cold) and that will effectively work as grease. Sure enough the noise went away for approx 1000 miles. I hear it faintly every now and then. I

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
SC tick, tick...

My 06 has a tic-tic-tic sound at idle. It goes away when the car warms up. I was later told that the brand/numbers that are paint stamped on the belt make that noise. If you drip some water from a water bottle directly on the belt, the noise goes away. It was later suggested to hold a bar of soap against the belt (when cold) and that will effectively work as grease. Sure enough the noise went away for approx 1000 miles. I hear it faintly every now and then. I
HHGT,

Mine does that also, exactly as you describe it! I have not tried to investigate it.

Jay