No fake engine noise!

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I haven't seen this discussed, but I sincerely hope this isn't happening with the FGT2. This is indeed a horrible trend. Ford didn't start it, but it is very disappointing that they have joined in the fakery.

Obviously, this is not news in the automotive world, but this is the first I've seen in mainstream press.

Why isn't there more outrage?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...0ba-11e4-b146-577832eafcb4_story.html?hpid=z1

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Active simulated engine noises from speakers aren't green, they lower MPG! Where's Greenpeace when you need them?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Whats worse is the outside version, where they have a kazoo or harmonica on tailpipe.....G30 have that BS

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida

That was obviously not a race.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Whats worse is the outside version, where they have a kazoo or harmonica on tailpipe.....G30 have that BS

I googled that and came up with nothing. But yeah, what can you do with a V6?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
That was obviously not a race.

The Hellcat was almost as slow as a Prius. :lol

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Think the Hellcat driver can get his money back and buy a Prius?

Like to see an actual race with someone who could drive. I think the Hellcat wins, but I think it would be close. Tesla pretty impressive. Any literature yet about hot-rodding the Tesla? Perhaps the electrical engineers get their revenge after a hundred years.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
What are you complaining about Gary? They are just like the fake orgasm noises you always hear.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
What are you complaining about Gary? They are just like the fake orgasm noises you always hear.

Haven't heard the fake ones in years. I remember some in the distant past that were quite disturbing. Maybe they weren't fake? Who knows, who cares? The noises I hear now are real...they are my own. :biggrin

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Haven't heard the fake ones in years. I remember some in the distant past that were quite disturbing. Maybe they weren't fake? Who knows, who cares? The noises I hear now are real...they are my own. :biggrin

Now where did I put that mind bleach......

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I don't start this stuff. Well, not usually.