Newbie from Western Canada

I just became the owner of a red with white stripes 2006 GT with 3000 miles on it that is like new... not a mark on it. I never imagined I would own one. I remember being passed by one in 06/07 and falling instantly in love. I love the history and story behind these cars. My wife recently asked me what sports car I could see myself in and when this one popped up for sale I said “that one” so, she bought it for me...Yup, that’s right, she bought it for me... did I mention that my wife is AWESOME! I am really enjoying the forum and, the information is great! Thanks for accepting me as member.

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
Welcome to the forum. Wishing you many miles and years in your future. Sounds like she is a Keeper. Your wife that is. Congrats!

Reactions: JesseP777

CanadaGT

GT Owner
Sep 28, 2006
Edmonton Alberta
Enjoy her, I mean the car, I have about 90k miles of seat time. Have a NFGT Heritage but not too impressed with Ford right now over it. I have a cabin 5 hrs from you at Nelson. You will love that car. I have many spare parts and consumables for it as I owned 4 at one time but sold all of them and just have the new one.

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Enjoy your ride in good health....lots of ownership tech info and great friendships await you on this forum.

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Congrats! There are at least three of us here in Western Canada that are on the forums.

QSS

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Welcome and congrats on your wife giving you such a cool gift!

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
That is just awesome, congratulations and welcome! (y)

Mule Air

Jan 28, 2019
Raleigh, NC
Congrats!!! I have a similar story and have only owned for a year. This forum has been extremely helpful. Yesterday, I changed the oil, trans fluid, clutch fluid, and fuel filter with the help and wisdom of an awesome forum member. (MAD IN NC) He's the man and his car is ridiculous!

Now go put some marks on your car.

zach05855

GT Owner
Oct 16, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Congrats, Enjoy your drives and get into Area 27.

https://www.area27.ca/

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Your enthusiasm comes through. Very cool. Welcome and Congrats.

Vince H

Congrats, Enjoy your drives and get into Area 27.

https://www.area27.ca/
Area 27 is in the plans for sure.

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Congrats, on your GT purchase. I almost purchased a GT in Kelowna, BC many years ago. Was looking at jail time for opening the car up on one of your highways. One of the more scenic areas of BC of have visited.

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
Congrats!!! Some here will say that RED is the fastest... but we all know it's SILVER!!! We have been an owner now for almost 2 years and have attended all the events thus far. Awesome people much like the experience you have had in NC! Enjoy and hope to meet you at a future event!

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Welcome! Enjoy the ride! Cool story!

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Congratulations and welcome to the Forum. I've owned mine for over 12 years and still enjoy every mile. Don't be surprised when your refueling takes an hour. People really love this car and want to talk to you about it and of course I like telling them about the car also, but it does make the refueling longer.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Congratulations on your purchase! Here’s hoping you enjoy every mile you put on your new Girl! Welcome th our crazy little group!

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
Congrats. I bought a red/white also about 6 months ago. I am not to far from you in Spokane. Spokane has 5 or 6 GT's, but only mine gets driven. If you ever drive thru Spokane, let me know.

Last edited:

GTinTN

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2019
Brentwood, TN
Congratulations! I purchased mine a little less than a year ago and am loving it.
You picked a great color!

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Welcome Jesse! So glad you have joined our community.