New wheels are on order!

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Well, I drove down to IForged today to have everything measured up.
I put about 150 miles on her today. A lot of picture taking by all the fans on the freeway, as well as some howling, and some flashing. :wink
For those of you who don't know, here are some figures.
The stock front wheels are 18x9 +50 offset, and the rears are 19x11.5 +40 offset.
My new front wheels will be 20x9.5 with 2.5" lip, and the rears 22x12.5 w/ 5" Lip.
I went with a flat black center w/ polished lips.
They will be ready in about 4 weeks. Can't wait, the rear tires will be 335's! :biggrin

Attachments

• classic.jpg
    classic.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 536
Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
18X19 fronts? Must be a typo.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
oops! fixed.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
What tires are you mounting? Ballpark cost?

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
I know they are Pirellis. I am not sure about the cost, but when he looked it up, he said they were very inexpensive.

sharp33

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2006
Rochester, NY
ROCMAN said:
I know they are Pirellis. I am not sure about the cost, but when he looked it up, he said they were very inexpensive.

I can't wait to hear what his definition of "very inexpensive" is. I suspect it's kind of like the difference between minor and major surgery. Minor surgery is always what the other guy is having and major surgery is what you're having done on yourself. I wonder if he would call them "inexpensive" if he was footing the bill. :cheers

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I'm going to get the exact same things so our cars look exactly alike! Naw, just kidding. Sounds and looks really nice. Make sure you post pictures. These aren't made in China are they?

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Not China. Made here in Cali. IForged is one of HRE's competitors. Forged Centers, 2 & 3 pc Wheel designs, custom finishes. I have had 5 sets of HRE's, and 2 sets of IForged, and can honestly say that the Iforged wheels are as nice or better.

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
Please post pictures when they're mounted.

Rob

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
I have searched tirerack.com cant find a 335 on a 22in tire from any one. Can you ask him what kind of tire and exact size. I am also getting 20 front and 22 rear. Also what is the cost of your wheels.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
The 335's are not advertised right now, but Pirelli does make them.
I will try to get more info.
I am getting a hook up on the wheels, so I will have to check if I can even say what I am getting them for. The car may even get some press.
I should have them in about 3 weeks. I will definately get you guys more info when I have it.
All I can think about is that 5" lip. :rofl

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
any updates yet. i am ready for a set myself.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
OK. I dont have prices that I can quote yet, but here are the details.
Fronts: Pirelli 255/30/20
Rears: Pirelli 335/25/22
The rolling diameter is .1" smaller than stock.
Front wheels 20x9.5 w/ 2.5" Lip
Rear wheels 22x12 w/ 5" Lip

Should be ready in another 3 weeks. :banana

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
I had trouble finding the correct 22" rear tires. Right now I have a 315/30-22 on a 11.5, but its the Advan ST wich is a SUV tire... Its rated for 300 km/t, but still its not ideal.

The fronts are 245/35-20 on a 9"

http://www.fordgtforum.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=312&cat=500&ppuser=92

Sorry for the crappy picture (I will take some more soon)

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
any more updates

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
I just called I Forged my self. The rear tires are truck tires. But i guess that is the only option for the GT in a 22. My question is that they dont make a 255/30/22 in that type of tire. So are you not matching the front and back tires on same brand model.

The Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico is Pirelli's Street/Sport Truck All-Season tire designed for the North American market to provide year round traction and handling for sport utility vehicles and pickup trucks that possess very sporty dispositions. Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico tires are for drivers who want to run their light trucks through America's various weather conditions, including occasional light snow.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Has anyone done a weight comparison on the oversized tires and rims? I do understand the light weight stock rims and tires are 32+ total lbs lighter than the standard stock.

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
I have not figured out the weight yet. But since these wheels and tires are for street use only i am glad they are heavier. Maybe I wont spin the tires in the 1st 3 gears now. The BBS lightweight will have slicks on them for the track.

Last edited:

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
I just emailed him to find out the specifics.
The tires are coming out to less than $1500 for all 4, mounted & balanced. :biggrin

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
ROCMAN said:
I just emailed him to find out the specifics.
The tires are coming out to less than $1500 for all 4, mounted & balanced. :biggrin

I assume that is for tires only and didn't see a cost on the rims or did I miss it?