New Tag for my FGT

RaceDeck

*Supporting Vendor & GT Owner*
Supporting Vendor
Aug 11, 2005
SLC Utah
Was watching the original Ford GT commercial "the one" and just so happened that Utah just released vintage black tags
IMG_2347.jpeg

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I tried that when I got mine but it was taken in CO.

Reactions: RaceDeck

saleenrose

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2013
Mine has nothing to do with that but thought it was fitting.
IMG_20230515_155407449.jpg

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I Love Idaho. Spent all my summers on the big three lakes growing up.

I also love the culture there. Live and let live.

saleenrose

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2013
I am from down south in Idaho, used to be allot "leave me alone", and "I don't care what you do", and Pronoun??? WTF, I now hate this place, wanting to move. Allot of out of towners claiming we don't want to change this place but..... Grew up here, I live in the house my parents built the year I was born, nothing like it was. Maybe Montana?

Last edited:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I am from down south in Idaho, used to be allot "leave me alone", and "I don't care what you do", and Pronoun??? WTF, I now hate this place, wanting to move. Allot of out of towners claiming we don't want to change this place but..... Grew up here, I live in the house my parents built the year I was born, nothing like it was. Maybe Montana?

We were Californicated decades ago. I hear from friends it’s been happening in N. Idaho for a while now.

Newcomers arrive and promptly vote for exactly what they wanted to escape.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
PXL_20220911_143316608jed3.jpg

saleenrose

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2013
I was trying not to point fingers at any one state, basically, people suck. The southern most westernish state feel they deserve and should be given all of the best service. Yep, I give as I get.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Sounds like you live around the Boise area. Yeah, more Californicators there. And Sand Point is getting taken over.

jammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2016
We can all sit back and point at all the negatives in CA and there are negatives but at the end of the day CA (and NY) are net givers and the outraged states with the lowest education and health care services are net takers and that's how it has been for decades. Happy 4th all.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
That's not the point, although I'm pretty sure all states (not DC) are net givers of total taxes to Washington DC. I just don't want people leaving California and moving to places that are relatively conservatarian, then voting for the policies that caused the conditions they wanted to escape. That about describes the Seattle ad Portland areas over the past three decades.

Reactions: dshears

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Austin as well.

jammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2016
I believe it is more complex than simply Californians moving to other states, driving up real estate values and changing the political status quo where they move. Same things have been happening in other countries over the last half century and has been happening in China and lately in India too. It has more to do with easier and cheaper access to education and technology and young educated people tend to vote different from older generations. I'm pretty pissed at a few things in California and the SF Bay Area in general but don't think California expats are the source of problems in other states.

Per the report at the link below not all states are net contributors to the Federal budget. Many states depend on significant federal aid to run their state government.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Thanks for that. I’ll have to take some time to analyze the numbers. For example, what’s included in “intergovernmental aid” and what isn’t? In the large Western states the federal Govt is the largest landowner, holding vast tracts of national forests, BLM land, and so on. Are payments to state governments in lieu of the taxes that private owners would have paid counted as intergovernmental aid? Sales of resources from federal land are not subject to taxes by states either, as they could tax sales from private land. And so on.

However it’s some good info to think about.