New Review on why our cars are worth $400,000

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
I drove mine 11 hours with the seat inserts and it was just fine. Too much entertainment to be noticing the seat.

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
I drove to Detroit last year (second time) car is amazing ! Comfortable : even my wife thought it was! Good support from seats ! All the thumbs ups from others definitely worth it! I recommend driving it to the meets to everyone! Can't wait to have opportunity to go every year and drive it!!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
I drove to Detroit last year (second time) car is amazing ! Comfortable : even my wife thought it was! Good support from seats ! All the thumbs ups from others definitely worth it! I recommend driving it to the meets to everyone! Can't wait to have opportunity to go every year and drive it!!

You need to drive it more than every 10 years Gene.

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
I agree with the article. As much as I love the NFGT I think in time the Gen II FGT is the one to have other than the Gen I.

It celebrated the Centennial of Ford and was the car representing the entire company and was for years ahead of its time both in technology, construction and design. It was "The One". While not purely built for the race track it had a very successful race career under Robertson and Matech nearly winning LeMans on its return. It truly and closely reproduces the classic styling both interior and exterior to the Gen I GT40 and brought that car back to life in a modern rendition. When you see a Gen II you instantly know its a GT40. It is likely the last of the manual trans supercars and a good ol' American V8. It is limited in production and true no story cars are even rarer.

While the NFGT is a technological wonder and beautiful there are many aspects of the Gen II I like much better including its classic never aging beauty.

Last edited:

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
I drive it every chance I get. Time is the problem now! Hopefully in a few years my practice will afford me more!! I am hoping in next few years annual meet will be up in Toronto where we can see the new GT in production!