New Owner

zim32

GT Owner
Feb 28, 2006
Pacific Palisades, Ca.
Hi All,

Just picked up my new 06' GT--Tungsten-- this past Saturday. The only reason I stopped driving is the rain (I'll get over that shortly). Have owned every exotic over the last 10 years but have never enjoyed a car as much as this one.

Live in Pacific Palisades and look forward to any organized "outings".

Mark

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Welcome Zim! Good choice on the car and color, though you can't go wrong. Hopefully you find the wealth of member knowledge here useful. :cheers

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
con grats...meet us at ParDISE COVE 0900 this sunday

zim32

GT Owner
Feb 28, 2006
Pacific Palisades, Ca.
Paradise Cove

Would love to but I will be out of town--how can I find out when the next meet will be?

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Welcome zim32! :thumbsup

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
keep watching here...I think there must be at least a dozen of us so cal locals and we are trying to get together monthly...

kjslider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 1, 2006
socal
I also just bought a new '06 tungsten w/stripes GT!!

HOOT HOOT HOOT

I was telling my buddy over the weekend that I was thinking of getting either the Gallardo or the GT. My friend got so damned worked up that he found a dealer nearby(Villa Ford) that had just what I liked and, well, he pestered me like crazy till I went over to check it out. Long story made short, went in talked to the General Manager haggled a bit agreed on a price and bought the thing!!!

I've yet to drive it. My friend is dropping it off in the next few minutes.

-Kent

Last edited:

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
kjslider said:
I also just bought a new '06 titanium w/stripes GT!!

HOOT HOOT HOOT

I was telling my buddy over the weekend that I was thinking of getting either the Gallardo or the GT. My friend got so damned worked up that he found a dealer nearby(Villa Ford) that had just what I liked and, well, he pestered me like crazy till I went over to check it out. Long story made short, went in talked to the General Manager haggled a bit agreed on a price and bought the thing!!!

I've yet to drive it. My friend is dropping it off in the next few minutes.

-Kent

That's exciting - let us know once you go for your maiden voyage (and be CAREFUL).

biffom

GT Owner
Oct 9, 2005
Venice, CA
Welcome! and great colour choice!

kjslider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 1, 2006
socal
AZGT said:
That's exciting - let us know once you go for your maiden voyage (and be CAREFUL).

Well I just put my first 40 miles on the GT. I really like this car. My only wish is that I could have gotten one with a "Gurney bubble" being as I'm 6'5". The top of my head ever so slightly rubs the ceiling/door. There's no way I'll be able to fit inside with a helmut so I guess there goes the option of taking this beauty to the track.

Did any of you guys buy optional floor mats? I noticed my GT didn't come with any. Was it suppose to?

-Kent

Last edited:

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Kent, I'm 6'2" and have tracked mine with a helmet on. It's impossible - very uncomfortable and probably dangerous.

I wonder if the bubble can be retro fitted for you?

Congratulations on the car....!

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
kjslider said:
Well I just put my first 40 miles on the GT. I really like this car. My only wish is that I could have gotten one with a "Gurney bubble" being as I'm 6'5". The top of my head ever so slightly rubs the ceiling/door. There's no way I'll be able to fit inside with a helmut so I guess there goes the option of taking this beauty to the track.

Did any of you guys buy optional floor mats? I noticed my GT didn't come with any. Was it suppose to?

-Kent

Get the mats from Roadworks.com. About $135.00.

Try putting the seat a little farther foward (should be plenty of leg room) and angle the seat back a little more to the back - it helps (I'm a short 6'1").

Welcome.