saber

GT Owner
Sep 25, 2005
NYC
I just purchased an 2005 with under 10 miles on it. I should get the car on Thursday and I am new to this forum and want to say hello.
I have owned a number of high performance cars before but I currently have an E55 that was been modified with a number of additions. My best 1/4 mile on stock gas and no nitrous was 11.64. I am excited to get behind the wheel.
:cheers

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Welcome to the forum :cheers Sounds like you're gonna wring out the GT for all it's worth. Have you posted over on SVT about the E55 before? I thought I've seen you post there about it previously...

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
saber said:
I just purchased an 2005 with under 10 miles on it. I should get the car on Thursday and I am new to this forum and want to say hello.
I have owned a number of high performance cars before but I currently have an E55 that was been modified with a number of additions. My best 1/4 mile on stock gas and no nitrous was 11.64. I am excited to get behind the wheel.
:cheers

What color GT did you get? Are you keeping the E55? I too run a benz as my daily driver black/black SL65AMG.

saber

GT Owner
Sep 25, 2005
NYC
I have posted on various other forums before usually in a technical posting. I plan to keep the E55 and I got the standard red with white stripes. I assume you guys are happy with the GT.

saber

GT Owner
Sep 25, 2005
NYC
Thanks DBK, I have posted on various other forums before usually in a technical posting. Florida Chris, I plan to keep the E55 and I got the standard red with white stripes.
I assume you guys are happy with the GT.

Vic

GT Owner
Aug 5, 2005
The OC
Congrats, Saber! Post some pics, please!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
saber said:
Thanks DBK, I have posted on various other forums before usually in a technical posting. Florida Chris, I plan to keep the E55 and I got the standard red with white stripes.

11.64 is no joke for a sports sedan. The most fun daily driver I've had was a Jaguar S-Type R, which hauled plenty well even with it's measly 390hp. I much prefer that car to the XJ8 I have now.

I'd be alot happier if I actually owned a GT. Still working on the whole acquiring one part. Having driven it extensively though, I'm confident you'll love it...

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
saber said:
Florida Chris, I plan to keep the E55 and I got the standard red with white stripes.

Yeah, I'm absolutely thrilled with my GT. Everytime I drive it is just as exciting as the first time. I just wish we had more roads to enjoy in Florida. A flat grid street pattern can get pretty mundane...

saber

GT Owner
Sep 25, 2005
NYC
that is great to hear, thanks so much everyone.

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
Saber,

Welcome. It will be nice to have another owner on board -- the collective intelligence is so much better than each of us alone. :thumbsup