New Member Update

GSix

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 27, 2021
Chicagoland
I posted about a month ago when I first got the car but couldn’t attach photos so an update here including photos.

I acquired the 06, Midnight Blue, 1 option car through a connection from a friend. I only have put a couple hundred miles on it but what a blast to drive! GTG went through the car and have everything sorted out. I located the original owner (on this forum) and was able to acquire some great memorabilia to add to the happiness.

I used a steamer to remove the original PPF sections which had started to yellow, then I did a complete paint correction and polish. Next, I had the entire car done with new SunTek PPF, and finally I applied ceramic coating on top.

I can’t wait for warmer temps to return so I can get back on the road.

Thanks for all the great information on this forum.

Dan394694BD-59DD-4445-AFB3-BA4F902A741E.jpegD41BDF42-2750-4925-940D-68EB2D576655.jpegFFF1AB70-3C88-45E0-96BF-6162D6E74833.jpeg

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Looks incredible, Dan! What a great looking GT. Congratulations and welcome. Where in Chicagoland are you? I’m originally from the northwest ‘burbs, but live in South Dakota now. Still have a lot of family in the Arlington Heights/Niles/Des Plaines area.

GSix

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 27, 2021
Chicagoland
Thank you, I’m in the western burbs, Winfield/Wheaton.

Reactions: DakotaGT

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Beautiful! 👍

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
so nice...enjoy it often!

GTinTN

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2019
Brentwood, TN
Great looking car and welcome to the forum!

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
Enjoy! you will probably get a few days this month to drive her before winter really sets in.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Good to have another owner in Illinois. Is that at Autobahn?

GSix

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 27, 2021
Chicagoland
Good to have another owner in Illinois. Is that at Autobahn?
Hi, it’s at IronGate, there are actually several FGT and NFGT here. If you ever get up this way let me know I’d be happy to meet up and show you around.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
PSA on not pushing it on cold tires...

Reactions: GSix

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Congrats! What’s the black Porsche behind the FGT? 964?

GSix

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 27, 2021
Chicagoland
Congrats! What’s the black Porsche behind the FGT? 964?
Thanks, it’s a 1982 SC. It’s been my hoby car. Mechanically in great shape but interior and paint were not cared for by prior owner. I gutted the interior and changed the color and spent countless hours compounding and polishing the black paint, filling paint chips etc. new exhaust and a WEVO shifter and it is a blast to drive. Not quite as fun since getting the GT but still fun.

Reactions: ByeEnzo

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Thanks, it’s a 1982 SC. It’s been my hoby car. Mechanically in great shape but interior and paint were not cared for by prior owner. I gutted the interior and changed the color and spent countless hours compounding and polishing the black paint, filling paint chips etc. new exhaust and a WEVO shifter and it is a blast to drive. Not quite as fun since getting the GT but still fun.
Yes, an old 911. I have a 1973 911T was in similar shape but I also built a new 3.2 engine for it (still running CIS) that is a classic “sleeper.” It’s a driver too.

Reactions: GSix and dreimer