New Member - Chicagoland

GSix

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 27, 2021
Chicagoland
I have been watching for a couple years and finally jumped in! A couple hours in and I’m hooked. What a driving experience.

Reactions: Enzo101 and extrap

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
Let’s see some pics…congrats!!!

Reactions: extrap and GSix

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Congratulations and welcome to the Forum. Tell us more about yourself, your car and your experience getting the car.

GSix

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 27, 2021
Chicagoland
I am working on some posting some photos. My journey started years ago with a couple motorcycles (royal Enfield, Harley, Yamaha), life happened, kids etc. those bikes turned into a 1962 Lincoln Continental convertible. I had that for 14 years used primarily for Drive-In theater, ice cream runs etc. that turned into a 911 and others. Always dreamed of a GT but the time wasn’t right until recently. I have been following them for a couple years lurking, and I got clearance from the boss to go for it. The GT, Blue/White 1 option, came from an acquaintance of mine that was looking to sell. Rich Brooks had it this spring to go over the car, add a x-pipe, tune & tires. I’m pretty sure I have a permanent smile on my face! I’m excited about driving it.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Congratulations. You will love the GT. You've read no doubt all the warnings about breaking the tires loose etc. Take some time to learn it. Like Dirty Harry said, "A man's got to know his limitations."

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
With as beautiful as they look, the easy HP ads, the modibility, and value retention......the driving experience stands above everything else.

Welcome

Dudlow

GT Owner
Nov 8, 2020
London UK
Congratulations.

I recently jumped in as you say, and have found that the car has exceeded all my expectations by quite a margin..... I love it !