New Mclaren

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Looks great. Congrats. Gorgeous colour too.

BelgianGT

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2010
Belgium
The Mac manual tells you to take it easy for the first 625 miles-- nothing over 150 MPH!.

Which manuals were that? I was told to floor it from the start

FikseGTS

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2007
South Florida
awesome car, congrats!!

canuck

GT Owner
Mar 4, 2006
I drove one recently and the upgraded meridian left me wanting. The car is a little tight inside but still reasonable. Egress is not easy and leaves you looking a little foolish. I suspect that is why you see this car depreciating to the degree it does. Those who can afford it are usually are getting on in age. They love sports cars but also need to be able to get in and out easily. ( Same happened with the merceds sls, ride is so stiff it beats old guys up quickly who buy them and they then want out reflecting the depreciation). It looks amazing and drives amazing!! You may say a stereo is irrelevant but after a while, once the excitement dissipates you want to crank a few tunes every now and then. It works but doesn't impress.
I used to think that the doors on a GT made parking a little tough if you wanted to get out parked next to someone. Know I appreciate them as it makes getting in and out so easy.
Having said every thing I love the MP4 and the quirks are very minor and it is a very desirable car. I am looking at buying one myself. Congrats!!!

Last edited:

FikseGTS

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2007
South Florida
getting in the MP4 is easier than my FGT, FGT doors have to open out much wider.... depreciation is inline with other comparable exotics, the equivalent LP570 superleggera which was $275k new can be had for ~$200k when it's a year or so old.... $275k MP4's are in the $210k area are now...

I agree, the upgraded Meridian Stereo is not great at all...

I drove one recently and the upgraded meridian left me wanting. The car is a little tight inside but still reasonable. Egress is not easy and leaves you looking a little foolish. I suspect that is why you see this car depreciating to the degree it does. Those who can afford it are usually are getting on in age. They love sports cars but also need to be able to get in and out easily. ( Same happened with the merceds sls, ride is so stiff it beats old guys up quickly who buy them and they then want out reflecting the depreciation). It looks amazing and drives amazing!! You may say a stereo is irrelevant but after a while, once the excitement dissipates you want to crank a few tunes every now and then. It works but doesn't impress.
I used to think that the doors on a GT made parking a little tough if you wanted to get out parked next to someone. Know I appreciate them as it makes getting in and out so easy.
Having said every thing I love the MP4 and the quirks are very minor and it is a very desirable car. I am looking at buying one myself. Congrats!!!

canuck

GT Owner
Mar 4, 2006
Agree with your depreciation assessment and the doors of the Gt have to be fully open. Keep me updated as to the car and your experience.

BelgianGT

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2010
Belgium
I do not agree an SLS is a stiff ride. It's one of my more comfortable vehicles... As comfortable as my MP4 in comfort mode.
Don't worry to much on depreciation of cars or simply don't buy them at all. I'm already thinking of selling the Aventador again and the hit I'll be taking on that one will be huge. So yeah it's live no and I knew it even before I bought it. This doesn't keep me from enjoying them as much as I can for as long as I still can. If it's any comfort we're keeping the economy rolling.

stumeat

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2010
Georgia
Jax. I saw the car at Amelia as well. Good to see you there. Real men impulse buy on that stage. Well done. The F1 was stunning as well.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I think the Meridian is pretty good, actually much better than the stereos available in 9 out of 10 other exotics. Further, I don't find it hard at all to get into. We have had several MP4s lately. They have been coming in and flying out the door rather quickly. Here is one we just got in....
http://eliteautosllc.com/vehicle/mclaren-mp4-12c-fire-black/

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Jax. I saw the car at Amelia as well. Good to see you there. Real men impulse buy on that stage. Well done. The F1 was stunning as well.

The volcano red stunned me. Oncd my wife saw it, amd she gave me the thumbs up, had to make a deal.
The F1 was awesome. I saw them off load it and out it into a nearby rented warehouse. I would need to shrink a good 8 inches to fit. Looked pretty cozy inside with three seats!

Senna1994

Oct 19, 2010
Orange County, CA
Here is mine, next car for me is the Ford GT, I have to sell a couple of my old cars, but the search is on. You guys have a terrific forum here.

Attachments

• !cid_4B6217D4-64AC-4889-BAF8-1E60D2A9C19F.jpg
    !cid_4B6217D4-64AC-4889-BAF8-1E60D2A9C19F.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 251
  • !cid_82503895-C07A-4BDD-A094-F3DE61B73CF4@oc_cox.jpg
    !cid_82503895-C07A-4BDD-A094-F3DE61B73CF4@oc_cox.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 254
  • 8374848982_1ec8dcce97_b.jpg
    8374848982_1ec8dcce97_b.jpg
    302.1 KB · Views: 255

BelgianGT

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2010
Belgium
while we are at it here's a pic of mine.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 248
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 245

BelgianGT

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2010
Belgium
forgot to mention it's Mercury Red not Volcano red

Senna1994

Oct 19, 2010
Orange County, CA
forgot to mention it's Mercury Red not Volcano red

Gorgeous Color!

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
That black McLaren looks pretty sinister.

Senna1994

Oct 19, 2010
Orange County, CA
That black McLaren looks pretty sinister.

It just needs a FORD GT as its partner in crime.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
I know it's a small item in the scheme of a car, but those mirrors are the most gorgeous shape I've ever seen on a car.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
just read this thread (I've been hiking in England through the hailstorms, freezing rain and gale-force winds that's known as 'summer' in the UK). Anyway, as we're doing a bit of a show-and-tell, here's my two babies. Coming up to 11K miles on the Mac and 19K on the GT. Funnily enough, the more I drive the 12C, the more serious I get about putting a 4.0 Whipple on the GT - so I can enjoy the instantaneous thrust of a supercharger more.COTA 011.jpg

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I definitely notice the faint turbo lag on my MP4, even after the upgrades. Once the turbos spool up, maybe a half second, it is devilishly quick.
The instantatneous GT thrust "ruins' you.You'll love the Whipple on the GT. I have a Gen 2.

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
Texas Mondrel, You do have the FRPP pulley and tune, right ?