New Ford recall for 2005 and 2006 Ford GT Air Bags

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Gary, simply take a new razor blade, or sharp knife and follow the outline of the rectangular seam in the dash to a depth of 1/4 inch. Entire unit pulls out (maybe pry it out) and a little black silicone adhesive to reinstall. No one will ever be able to tell.

Thanks Barry,l I was unaware I could do this myself.:thumbsup
see ya soon

GT0987

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 11, 2013
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Is this recall simple enough that I could trust a dealer who I have no experience with? I've been hesitant to use a dealership but am not sure I want to cut the dash.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Is this recall simple enough that I could trust a dealer who I have no experience with? I've been hesitant to use a dealership but am not sure I want to cut the dash.
87 hopefully you realize he was joking (sarcastic) about cutting your dash. These bags are dangerous so take it to a dealer.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

JLG

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 24, 2008
Miami, FL
Do they replace the center steering wheel cover and GT emblem(mine is corroded) with this recall?

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Do they replace the center steering wheel cover and GT emblem(mine is corroded) with this recall?
No they do not. It is not part of the recall. ShelbyElite has a fix that a number of us have used.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
only the igniter in the back of the air bag is exchanged on both sides. the front covers are not changed out. the bags are not a unique design to the GT so the dealers are usually OK to change them out without any issues. they are not exactly the same but pretty close in attachment.