New CTS-V track test VIDEO

Mar 29, 2007
CTS-V first drive TRACK VIDEO

We recently had the chance to test drive the new 556hp CTS-V on the full road course at the brand new Monticello Motor Club in New York State and it’s easy to see why the car holds the official record lap for a sedan around the Nürburgring.

The car takes to the corners with finesse and when you’re sitting in the Recaro driver’s seat, with the Alcantara-coated steering wheel in your hands, it’s easy to forget that there’s a row of seats behind you and two more doors.

With the car in Competition Mode, the traction control comes off and the Stabilitrac is significantly toned down. There’s still a little electronic intervention but it’s all very smooth and you hardly notice it.

The brakes really are phenomenal too!

With a stunning interior and a comfortable ride, it’s also the perfect luxury sedan. We spent several hours driving the car on public roads and the ride quality was superb. But enough about public roads, the real fun came on the track. Ride along with MLE as we take the most powerful Cadillac ever built for a rip on the full track at the Monticello Motor Club. Enjoy… we certainly did!

plus, more laps with the auto tranny

Modified Luxury & Exotics

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on one of those...Can't wait until Whipple comes out with an upgraded blower for it, though it does have cast pistons, unlike the ZR1's LS9 motor.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on one of those...Can't wait until Whipple comes out with an upgraded blower for it, though it does have cast pistons, unlike the ZR1's LS9 motor.

so you gona get one?

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Nice numbers
The GT beats it in MPG:rofl

NUMBERS
Horsepower: 556 at 6100 rpm
Torque: 551 ft-lbs at 3800 rpm
Zero-60: 3.9 sec.
Quarter mile: 12 sec. at 118 mph
Top speed: 191 mph (175 mph w/ automatic)
Length: 191.6”
Width: 72.5”
Height: 58”
Curb weight: 4,200 lbs
Weight distribution: 54/46
Fuel economy: City 12, Highway 18 (est.)
MSRP: $60,000-$70,000

Mar 29, 2007
Nice numbers

NUMBERS

mpg on the car was horrible... I swear I went through 3/4 of a tank in an hour and a half

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Nice numbers

NUMBERS

Wow, didn't realize it was so cheap.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Does this mean that you will be sending them as little thank you gifts to the mod and forum owner? :)

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Looks quite graceful for a significant amount of weight to carry through the corners

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
I'm waiting for the 2 Door Coupe CTS-V.

on d bit

Jul 20, 2008
maricopa az

gm has stated it is coming with rods/cast pistons. but there is a twist to this story. as of july(2 months ago) every one of the preproduction v's had forged rods and pistons in their motor!

one would think that gm would at least test one v with the said to be cast engine components for durability and reliability information. dont you think?

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
mpg on the car was horrible... I swear I went through 3/4 of a tank in an hour and a half

Just got my issue and skim read the article.
I was wondering if its going to be another limited (hard to get pay over sticker) car.

What is truely surprising is the Caddy destroys the New Aston Martin Vantage N400 in the next article @ 1/2 the price. (I need a silver and black).

Caddy needs someone like Camilo or George from CDC to redesign the front Grille which IMO looks like something from Home Depot.

So now I just need to get this thing ordered and on the dyno for a tweak to the SC :banana

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I was wondering if its going to be another limited (hard to get pay over sticker) car.

Tougher times ahead for the auto industry. Sure, initially there will always be hype on a hot new car, and this definitely looks to be a hot one.

But I think we are also in for some good times to purchase discretionary goods.

I'm saving my pennies for a rainy day, there's been a big storm brewing...