"new" BOSS 429 engines

spddmnjay

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 14, 2008
Alberta, Canada
Jon Kaase Racing Engines is now manufacturing and building and all "new" Boss 429 engines.

http://www.jonkaaseracingengines.co...misperical-big-block-ford-cylinder-heads.html

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Jon Kaase Racing Engines is now manufacturing and building and all "new" Boss 429 engines.

http://www.jonkaaseracingengines.co...misperical-big-block-ford-cylinder-heads.html

Thanks for posting....lost a 1/2 hour reading up on his website.

So much good stuff I may just have to start a new project.

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
Wouldn't one of those engines look sweet under our clamshell glass?...... Schweet.....

Richard Hille
The GT School

Flatrod

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
I have two sets of his heads here, I can say they are some really nice pieces!! Now I'm on the look out for a old Hilborn fuel injection set up for a Boss 429.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
I have two sets of his heads here, I can say they are some really nice pieces!! Now I'm on the look out for a old Hilborn fuel injection set up for a Boss 429.

That's going to be one fast snowmobile

spddmnjay

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 14, 2008
Alberta, Canada
Thanks for posting....lost a 1/2 hour reading up on his website.

So much good stuff I may just have to start a new project.

LOL!!! I only wish I had some exta $$$$ to get one of these monster engines!

Best part is that you don't need a Boss 429 block to build a Boss 429 engine.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX

Lookup the SVT Boss project. They shoehorned one into a 90 something mustang. The injection system had twin throttle bodies. They looked like 100mm plus to me.

Flatrod

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
That's going to be one fast snowmobile

No snowmobiles for me!! I am building a 598 to go into a 65 Mustang fastback.

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Kaase does an amazing job with these heads.

I'm planning a EFI Boss 529/T56 for my restomod Cougar project car. Will probably go with an Al block. Can't wait!

spddmnjay

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 14, 2008
Alberta, Canada

I'm planning a EFI Boss 529/T56 for my restomod Cougar project car. Will probably go with an Al block. Can't wait!

That will be an absolute MONSTER of an engine!! :eek:eek

How much HP/TQ is expected with that combo?

Oh, and I assume that you have a shoe horn to install the engine. :willy LOL!! :lol

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
How much HP/TQ is expected with that combo?

Oh, and I assume that you have a shoe horn to install the engine. :willy LOL!! :lol

Even with the mildest cam, it should make close to 800 flywheel HP. Shock towers will be removed, firewall smoothed, Heidt's front clip with coilovers installed, and with a dry sump setup, we hope it will clear the stock hood with just a factory scoop to cover it.

Right now the shop that will build it is working on my 1970 Mercury Cyclone project with a Roush 427IR EFI motor/T56 combo.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan

My 69 eliminator (big tire car) with it's 514 has served me will since 1993 and gone through all kinds of revisions but I pulled her down and have been debating cammer or Boss for some time now....Also in the mix is a new 6.2L (Raptor motor) as soon as I can get one and have some fun with a blower.
:confused:confused:confused

But John does make it tempting to go Boss 9

Flatrod

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska

Doc,
What kind of EFI are you planning to use? I would like to find a old Hilborn and turn it into EFI. I also have a T56 out of Cobra, but don't think it is going to hold up to the power of the 598.
Jon Kaase had a article in last years Engine Masters magazine with a all aluminum 598, made 967 hp and 877 tq on pump gas. No blower, and no NOS.

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
Flatrod

Talk to the people at Rockland Gear. They built the T56 I use in my 217 MPH Camaro and claim it will handle 1000 HP.

Richard Hille
The GT School

Flatrod

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
Flatrod

Talk to the people at Rockland Gear. They built the T56 I use in my 217 MPH Camaro and claim it will handle 1000 HP.

Richard Hille
The GT School

Thanks Richard I will look in to that.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
that BOSS motor would be killer in my Lightning

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Flatrod

Richard Hille
The GT School

i run Rockland's "Transzilla" 6 speed T56 in my 01' Viper ACR. i like it better than my G-Force tranny :thumbsup

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Doc,
What kind of EFI are you planning to use?

Not decided yet.

Well, I've had mixed results with Big Stuff 3 on my TT Fox coupe. Am currently building a '70 cyclone with a Roush 427W crate motor w 8 stack setup. My builder is in talks with Kaase's people about their recommendations for this application. The velocity stacks would look great, but the hood clearance will be an issue. Will run a dropped front clip from Heidt's (as on my Cyclone) and dry sump....hopefully a velocity stack type setup will clear!

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
My 69 eliminator (big tire car) with it's 514 has served me will since 1993 and gone through all kinds of revisions

Wow! Would LOVE to see pics of that!

Personally, I'm partial to the 67-68 bodystyle.....