New Borla exhaust and tune

doc4140

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2006
Palm Springs, CA
Recently had Jack / Eddie at Muscle Motors put on the Ford Racing / Borla exhaust and had their tune done on their dyno. They did a great job and was a pleasure doing business with them. There was a big difference between the generic flash Accufab tune and the Muscle Motors tune using the dyno. I can not post the charts. I am glad I made the changes.
The Borla exhaust sounds much better and deeper than the stock but not offensive like some I have heard at FOT. I got one that was polished and it looks great. I love the tips. They did take off the calm shell to make it easier to put the new one on. Took about 2 1/2 hours for the exhaust. Thanks Jack and Eddie for the great job. :biggrin

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Just muffler and tune correct? What did you pick up over stock? Thanks.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Which Ford racing exhaust, the rear exit headers, or headers with a separate muffer?

Also as Chris mentioned what is the power/torque levels before and after the tune?

BlackICE

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Sounds like you got my polished Borla. Did they do a good job putting it back into shape after the fork lift backed over it? :lol Looks good polished doesn't it and the have a nice low rumble. Hope I'm not sorry getting rid of it for a Muscle Motors pipe.

doc4140

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2006
Palm Springs, CA
Borla

The Borla is great and I got new tips just for the heck of it. I really like that fact that it is polished. THis was just the Muffler/ cat back I guess that is made by Borla for Ford Racing products. I'll try to post the charts before and after. I like the tone alot and on the Highway it is not too loud. I was suprised that one of the members that liked the Accufab X pipe now says that it is too loud.

I'll post the charts if I can to show the results of the tune but I was shocked at the effects of the engine temperature on the HP and the Torque and really degrades the final numbers as the temp goes up.

Scott,

If you would like with your permission we can scan your dyno sheets and put them on a link

Jack @ MMP Sales
Muscle Motors Performance, Inc.
jack@musclemotors.com

http://www.musclemotors.com
(818)888-7778
"Here to Make Racing Fun & Affordable for Everyone!"
on MMP's server. Let us know if this okay!

doc4140

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2006
Palm Springs, CA
Dyno Scans

No problem with that. As long as there are no fights about who's is bigger. LOL :lol

richardhead

GT Owner
Sep 19, 2006
doc4140 said:
The Borla is great and I got new tips just for the heck of it. I really like that fact that it is polished. THis was just the Muffler/ cat back I guess that is made by Borla for Ford Racing products. I'll try to post the charts before and after. I like the tone alot and on the Highway it is not too loud. I was suprised that one of the members that liked the Accufab X pipe now says that it is too loud.

I'll post the charts if I can to show the results of the tune but I was shocked at the effects of the engine temperature on the HP and the Torque and really degrades the final numbers as the temp goes up.

doc4140...I'm sorry, but again, did you just replace the stock muffler with the FRPP Borla muffler, and leave the cats in place? I then assume you had purchased the Accufab tune, which you found not as good as the one your guys worked out on their dynomometer? Thanks, as you know us "DHs" are a little slow unless details are very specific.

doc4140

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2006
Palm Springs, CA
Borla

Thats correct. I originally got the tune and SCT flasher from Accufab and flashed their program. I had them put in the inlet stiffener. I got the Borla/ FRP muffler and left the cats and the headers stock. Muscle Motors then ran the dyno and compared their tune with the original Ford tune and also the Accufab tune. Funny thing is that I never got as high HP as many people have shown from their stock motor. That may be the motor or the dyno or the temperature of the run.