New Aviator in the Family

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
After leasing an Audi Q7, I got sick of it and turned it back in. The replacement is the new Lincoln Aviator with the Reserve II package and AWD.

And before the comments come in, it was not because of Matthew McConaughey's ads, awright awright awright!

The number one seller for me was the pre-start capabilities from the fob or the Lincoln Way APP. Audi claims they aren't allowed to let cars just sit and idle in Germany, so that is why Audi doesn't offer that. I have to leave my daily driver outside, as I only have a 2 car garage now, and mama's car the the 70 Boss 302 use it. The Aviator senses the temp, and I arrive in a warm car with the steering wheel and seat heaters on already. You only miss that when you don't have that function.

The power of the Ecoboost Turbo V6 is stunning, and with the 10 speed auto shifting twice before reaching 60, it gives this 5,200 lb beast a musclecar feel. Motor Trend had it at 5.4 0-60, and 14.1 1/4 mile, way quicker than the Boss, and most of the musclecars I had in the past.

It is the most luxurious suv I have owned. 30 way seats with massage for both front seats. Excite mode, that stiffens up the steering and shocks, and keeps the tranny in the rev range for sporty driving. Pimpin' 22" rims is not my norm, but somehow they look good on this ride. The 28 speaker sound system is awesome as well. Better 3rd seats for the office crew than the Q7 had as well.

Didn't even consider the Gran Touring hybrid as it adds 800 lbs, and isn't much quicker.

They are building a Lincoln only dealership very close to me, and being able to have free pickup and loaner car delivery for all your service is a nice touch.

Well done Ford / Lincoln , you've sold me.

Attachments

• Lincoln 1.jpg
    Lincoln 1.jpg
    952.6 KB · Views: 42
  • Lincoln 2.jpg
    Lincoln 2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 44

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Nice... I ordered one as well... have to wait a few months until my current lease is up to take delivery.

Reactions: digman1

FGT899

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 10, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
They really nailed it with the wheels. Nice pickup, I'll have to check them out and see how they compare with the Explorer Sport/ST

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
In mid December i picked up a lo mileage 2018 Navigator. have put 5000 miles on it since. Have owned many Lincolns over the years and all i can say about the new breed is WOW, Lincoln has really upped the bar on top of the line SUV's. Heading home from family snowmobile outing at Eagle River Wisconsin

Attachments

• IMG_2429.JPG
    IMG_2429.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Beautiful. Might very well be our next SUV.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
I got one for Susan in September. Black Edition. She loves it.

Vince H64F82266-B639-45A0-A0A1-324C7770A661.jpeg

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
Thanks for the kind comments.

Once it has its first service visit, I am installing an Autostop Eliminator, so I won't have to push the damn no engine stop button every time. Hopefully the best $99 I have spent in a while.

Reactions: THamonGT

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
Once it has its first service visit, I am installing an Autostop Eliminator, so I won't have to push the damn no engine stop button every time. Hopefully the best $99 I have spent in a while.
I believe you can plug one of the trailer plug adapters in your towing plug and the vehicle will believe you are towing and not shut off at stops.