New Aftermarket Ford GT Wheel Pictures

richardhead

GT Owner
Sep 19, 2006
New aftermarket wheel pictures were just posted at the following link...

http://www.humagen.com/2964/2985.html

The wheels are made by HRE to this company's specs. Apparently, the titanium bolts add $2000.00 to the retail pricing of a standard HRE design, but reduce the overall weight per wheel by 1.25 lbs. This helps offset the additional "run-flat" extra weight and accomodates a much larger tire size/weight , "run-flat" or "standard"...to manage unsprung weight differentials when going to larger size tires than stock. The larger size "run-flats" or "standard" tires require a 12.0-13.5 inch rear rim width and a 9.0-10.5 front rim width.

Also, the LTPWS system is the new Hella product which measures pressure and temperature, and has a very nice completely self contained receiver unit and remote display which will fit into the GT nicely.

Last edited:

Derry

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
buffalo, NY
Designed for use with run flat tires?? The first thing I changed on the vette were those terrible run flats. I like the three pc rims though.

Derry

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
These look very much like the HRE's that were posted and discussed on another thread. If they are, I understood they were available in 19 fronts and 20 rears?

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
Nice page full of red x's...

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Run flats and weight saving should not be mentioned in the same sentence.:frown Run flat tires are horrible, and are only put on cars that don't have room in the trunk for a spare.

For the extra $2000 for 1.5 pounds of weight savings sounds a little pricey, but I run some heavy ass wheels, so what the hell do I know.:lol

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
but I run some heavy ass wheels, so what the hell do I know.:lol

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

GFORCE

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2006
Dont go there!

Runcraps are down right nasty,And with a whipple they should be against
the law!

JMBLOWNWS6

Oct 28, 2006
I currently like the CCW's on these cars.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
I currently like the CCW's on these cars.

CCW's? The GT's come with BBS wheels.

JMBLOWNWS6

Oct 28, 2006
CCW's? The GT's come with BBS wheels.

Sorry ROCMAN I didnt explain myself enuff. We just ordered some custom CCW's for my buddies car. Here is a photoshop. :cheers

FordGTwithSP16A.jpg

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Ahh! That looks great!:thumbsup
What size is he going with? I am going to get another set of wheels for the track, eventually, I think, maybe.:lol

JMBLOWNWS6

Oct 28, 2006
Ahh! That looks great!:thumbsup
What size is he going with? I am going to get another set of wheels for the track, eventually, I think, maybe.:lol

18X9 front and 18x11.5 for the rear. Nitto 555's in the front and Nitto 555r's in the back. I could be mistaken but that's the game plan. :biggrin

sharp33

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2006
Rochester, NY
New aftermarket wheel pictures were just posted at the following link...

http://www.humagen.com/2964/2985.html

The wheels are made by HRE to this company's specs. Apparently, the titanium bolts add $2000.00 to the retail pricing of a standard HRE design, but reduce the overall weight per wheel by 1.25 lbs. This helps offset the additional "run-flat" extra weight and accomodates a much larger tire size/weight , "run-flat" or "standard"...to manage unsprung weight differentials when going to larger size tires than stock. The larger size "run-flats" or "standard" tires require a 12.0-13.5 inch rear rim width and a 9.0-10.5 front rim width.

Also, the LTPWS system is the new Hella product which measures pressure and temperature, and has a very nice completely self contained receiver unit and remote display which will fit into the GT nicely.

Very nice wheel. Custom yet retains the look of the optional factory wheel. I like the concept of the run-flats but so far the execution has not met market expectations. Titanium bolts makes we wonder if Derry has the ability to make titanium lug nuts and how much weight that would save.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
That is the perfect combination; HRE quality, looks like the OEM upgrades, eliminates just enough sidwall.

Last edited: