Neil Armstrong's '67 Corvette

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FIRS...dbid&ver=single&viewandbid=251051174912#v4-43

"THIS IS THE ULTIMATE CORVETTE "BARN FIND". THIS CORVETTE WAS DELIVERED TO MR. NEIL ARMSTRONG THE FIRST MAN ON THE MOON, ON DECEMBER 15, 1966 FROM JIM RATHMAN CHEVROLET IN MELBOURNE FLORIDA UNDER A PROGRAM INITIATED BY MR. RATHMAN TO PROVIDE OUR ASTRONAUTS WITH A CORVETTE. THEY WOULD KEEP THE CORVETTE FOR A YEAR AND THEN TURN IT IN AND GET A NEW ONE. THIS CORVETTE WAS BOUGHT BY A NASA EMPLOYEE WHEN MR. ARMSTRONG TURNED IT IN AND WAS RETAINED BY THE OWNER UNTIL I PURCHASED THE CORVETTE FROM HIM IN FEBRUARY OF 2012."

I wonder if Armstrong actually owned it, and I wonder how many other Corvette's he had if they could get one per year.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
one thing for sure, it was cherished by the second owner. :rolleyes

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
been watching this for a while... first bid was for $100k................
Pass. Done it - been there. have a C2 NOM project that is already nickeling me..... and it's not even a Big Block!

Views from the C2 owners are.....

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c1-and-c2-corvettes/3048922-first-man-on-the-moon-astronaut-neil-armstrongs-1967-corvette-2.html#post1580722449

Last edited:

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
I'd rather have Alan Shepard's '68 Stingray. It is on display at Kennedy Space Center and looks like you could hop in and drive away. He was the first American in space. :thumbsup

Shepards.jpg
Alan Shephards Vette.JPG

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
$250K for Armstrongs beat Vette? I don't know, Now if it were Jim Morrison's GT500, I would understand it. :biggrin

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Looks like he drove it to the moon and back.

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
:lol

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona

All the returning Apollo capsules were in MUCH better condition than this car! This looks more like it spent it's post-Armstrong years as a rental car - as in, "The difference between a rental car and a 4wd is that the rental car can go ANYWHERE".

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Lucky for the bidders.....the reserve is astronomical.

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
Lucky for the bidders.....the reserve is astronomical.

Good one! :lol

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
$250K? 'Idiocy if you ask me...and no one did!

Like I stated on the other Forum, I've never understood the 'extra added value' that's supposedly attached to this-or-that item because this-or-that notable owned it for 15 minutes at some point in its existence.

Okay...mebbe an extra hundred bucks...but, come on...

Longhorn

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Houston
If anyone is interested, I own a 2x4 that was once owned by Hitler's pool man. Low Reserve!:biggrin

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FIRS...dbid&ver=single&viewandbid=251051174912#v4-43

"THIS IS THE ULTIMATE CORVETTE "BARN FIND". THIS CORVETTE WAS DELIVERED TO MR. NEIL ARMSTRONG THE FIRST MAN ON THE MOON, ON DECEMBER 15, 1966 FROM JIM RATHMAN CHEVROLET IN MELBOURNE FLORIDA UNDER A PROGRAM INITIATED BY MR. RATHMAN TO PROVIDE OUR ASTRONAUTS WITH A CORVETTE. THEY WOULD KEEP THE CORVETTE FOR A YEAR AND THEN TURN IT IN AND GET A NEW ONE. THIS CORVETTE WAS BOUGHT BY A NASA EMPLOYEE WHEN MR. ARMSTRONG TURNED IT IN AND WAS RETAINED BY THE OWNER UNTIL I PURCHASED THE CORVETTE FROM HIM IN FEBRUARY OF 2012."

I wonder if Armstrong actually owned it, and I wonder how many other Corvette's he had if they could get one per year.