Need tire help

metalman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 22, 2006
I need to order rear tires this morning and Tire rack is out of stock on Goodyears. I recall the Brigstone Potenazas being highly recommended (same tire as Enzo?). I don't need them super sticky or way oversize, the car is stock.

If anyone knows where to get Goodyears or can recommend a replacement this morning, that would be greatly appreciated so I can get them ordered today.

Thanks!

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Metalman,
If you have yet to use the Search engine with "Bridgestone Tires" you should do so.
Word is Tire Rack is the only way to purchase GYs for the GT. You will also see many threads regarding Bridgestone tires with regard to size, performance, etc.
I'm one of many that went from two sets of GYs to Bridgestones and will never go back...much better on streets and freeways (grip, quieter) and MUCH better performance on the track.
Good Luck.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Go to www.onlinetires.com.

You need to search by size (315/40-19) as they don't list a GT. They claim to have them and have always shipped quickly for me.

I have purchased all of my rears from them usually around $225-$250 per tire, they are listing them at $457 now (since the tirerack thing :bs)

Go Bridgestone.

Last edited:

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Go with the bridgestones. MUCH better and very close to stock sizes. You will like them!

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Onlinetires.com does NOT have the rears in stock.

Derry

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
buffalo, NY
Check the date code before you buy them, when I last checked they were 4 or 5 years old at tire rack.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO

??? I just spoke with Jonathan at onlinetires (1-877-465-8473 ext. 120), he says they have 6 in stock at their warehouse.:confused

metalman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 22, 2006
Thanks alot, this is exactly what i needed. One last thing, what size Brigestones for the rear, (closest to stock).

Thanks again for the help!!!

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Originally Posted by djs

??? I just spoke with Jonathan at onlinetires (1-877-465-8473 ext. 120), he says they have 6 in stock at their warehouse

When I spoke to them this morning they said the GYs were on back order. Maybe I don't know the secret password?

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Fubar
I just want to give you a big THANK YOU for that thread you put together for tires...I don't know how to link up a thread into a response or I would just keep doing that. So when I comment on tire issues, I have do do it old school.
Awesome effort from you on a critical issue for our gals. :thumbsup

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Goodyear F1 Tires

I spoke with my Ford Quicklane tire manager two months ago about the GT's Goodyear tires. He did some checking on the Tire Rack being exclusive distributor of them.

I spoke with him yesterday, and below are his comments:

The Goodyear F1's for the GT are avaliable through your Ford dealer. Our tire is not exclusive to the Tire Rack.

A while ago GY relocated the entire F1 productrion to a different mfg site.
They will be making these tires in the future.

The prices went up drastically ealier this year for the F1 series of tires. Not just at the Tire Rack.

Hope this helps you guys that want to stay with the Goodyears.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Fubar
I just want to give you a big THANK YOU for that thread you put together for tires...I don't know how to link up a thread into a response or I would just keep doing that. So when I comment on tire issues, I have do do it old school.
Awesome effort from you on a critical issue for our gals. :thumbsup

Thanks Bud, I appreciate that. I put that information together for myself and then decided it would be useful to anyone looking at their tire options. As people express opinions about new brands and sizes, I try to update it.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Metalman, for the short version, look for the thread "Goodyear has forsaken us." It's not a Ford decision, but a Goodyear decision. Ford dealers can get them, but they will have to go TireRack for them. Official Goodyear memo starting this on March 22, 2010.

Slow Poke

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2009
Bay Area
Metalman,

Many GT owners buy the 345 Bridgestone Scuderias rear and 265 front. I just bought them to replace the Goodyears and they seem to have much more grip. Also, Goodyear does not do production runs often so the tires you would get would most likely be fairly old already, e.g., 2-3 years old. You can also get the Pirelli PZero Corsa but those are almost twice as much as the Bridgestones. I would listen to Shadowman and get the Bridgestones.

Slow Poke

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2009
Bay Area
Another note. I would do a tire search on the Forum. There have been some very good strings about tires and what to buy.

metalman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 22, 2006
Metalman,

Many GT owners buy the 345 Bridgestone Scuderias rear and 265 front. I just bought them to replace the Goodyears and they seem to have much more grip.

Thanks, this is what I needed.

metalman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 22, 2006
Metalman,

Many GT owners buy the 345 Bridgestone Scuderias rear and 265 front. I just bought them to replace the Goodyears and they seem to have much more grip.

Thanks, this is what I needed.