Need a new clutch and flywheel

shobhanmittal

May 11, 2023
Hi Guys,

Am new here. I have just picked a 2005 GT with 1000 miles on the clock in Dubai. My driver on the first day managed to burn out the clutch plate by driving it half pressed within a mile 😡😡

I am now in need of a replacement clutch and flywheel. Any recommendations on where I can get one? Any idea on how much it’s gonna cost me?

HNS

GT Owner
Mar 11, 2020
East Coast
Hi Guys,

Am new here. I have just picked a 2005 GT with 1000 miles on the clock in Dubai. My driver on the first day managed to burn out the clutch plate by driving it half pressed within a mile 😡😡

I am now in need of a replacement clutch and flywheel. Any recommendations on where I can get one? Any idea on how much it’s gonna cost me?
Also you might need a new driver….

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Seriously?
That's almost funny!
Try Ford or Spec,

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
You can look up the cost of a clutch on the Worldwide Web. Let your fingers do the walking. The cost of a mechanic won't be cheap and then add in transportation costs. There are some other FGT owners in Dubai that, if you can locate them, may be able to help you find a mechanic. Maybe look up some local car clubs in your area and ask them.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Best guess is that he always started off in third gear and not first.

HNS

GT Owner
Mar 11, 2020
East Coast
Seriously?
That's almost funny!
Try Ford or Spec,
I kid of course. All good 👍

shobhanmittal

May 11, 2023
I gather that 😊😊

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
My question is, why would you let anyone else drive it?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Your best bet is probably David Jones at GT101 in London. Stock clutch is probably your best bet but Stillen still sells some.

Reactions: GT101

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Why do you need a chauffeur in a car that doesn’t have a back seat? Fire the guy…

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
Recently replaced the clutch/flywheel in my 06. Order the part from Ford then in a month, reorder, as Ford will cancel if not delivered... without asking if you still want it. Contact Ford customer service.
I don't believe Stillen or Spec are still making a clutch for the GT. I Tried them.
GT 101 probably a good bet. Price is more than a Mustang but a lot less than a Ferarri.