My two year ten month wait

NASTYGT

GT Owner
Mar 14, 2006
Long Island
Just a short story about my car. I received my letter from Bill Ford on January 3 2017 telling my I was picked to get a car and that my concierge will be contacting me soon. This was when they were only building 500 cars as far as we all knew. So not wanting the black heritage edition and thinking I would get to pick my colors fairly soon my first choice was white with orange stripes, orange Calipers and the orange and black Launch Control interior. Second choice Blue, white stripes and Black and white re-Entry interior. Then Months go by no call. Finally a call from Megan telling me to fill out the forms she would be sending out today. I fill them out with my choices and all the other information they wanted and then the wait again. 2018 and a new Heritage but I am not into red. I have text her many times and all I get was be patient they have something in mind for you. On 6/1/2018 I am sent a text with from Megan telling me she can only tell me that I was picked for the 2019 Heritage Edition still no talk of a Gulf car. she tells me I will text you some pictures that are not publicly available do not show them to anybody. You take it from there. From the pictures that she sent Now i understand and Im flipping out. Before they even announced they were building a Gulf Edition this is now what I am getting, Now I can wait. Finally two years ten months the 31st of Oct. Halloween morning I get my car. Well worth the wait. Delivery is on YouTube ( Smithtown Ford delivers a Ford GT )

Attachments

• GT-Heritage.jpg
    GT-Heritage.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 74
Last edited:

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
Now that's a journey to remember. Thanks for sharing and is that the info J-Peg they sent you?

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Now that's a journey to remember. Thanks for sharing and is that the info J-Peg they sent you?

Yes, it was attached to an email swearing recipients to secrecy. I remember staring at those pictures for what seemed like hours. Now I stare at the real thing.

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Wow Congratulations
I have your White/Orange stripes Orange calipers and Launch Control interior sitting in my garage :)

NASTYGT

GT Owner
Mar 14, 2006
Long Island
Yes that came from Megan at Ford

NASTYGT

GT Owner
Mar 14, 2006
Long Island
Wow Congratulations
I have your White/Orange stripes Orange calipers and Launch Control interior sitting in my garage :)
That car is beautiful. My favorite color