My SPF Cobra is on Gearz today and next Wednesday

Roger Vincent

GT Owner
May 31, 2006
Bowling Green, KY
My SPF Cobra is on Stacy David's Gearz TV show on ESPN2. It aired today at 10 AM CST and will air again Wednesday at 4 PM CST. You can also see it on the web at:

http://www.gearztv.com/index.php?content=shows

Stacy is a pretty enthusiastic gear head who hosted a show called Trucks on Spike TV for about eight years.

We are talking about using the Ford GT for a future episode.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Kudos on the TV spot, Sir! :thumbsup

Your car will now pbly demand an electric blanket in place of it's std cover. ("Perks", you know...)

BTW, do you happen to know WHY Stacy left "Trucks!" ???

Roger Vincent

GT Owner
May 31, 2006
Bowling Green, KY
He said his editorial time was being replaced more and more with infomercials. I think it was down to about 13 minutes or so, and on this show he has 16 to 17 maybe? Maybe more to it than that, but that's just the word on the street, and it's what he said as well. He is really personable and just as enthusiastic in person as he is on TV. He told me he took "real good care" of my car...didn't know just how good until today! BTW, he loves our FGT's.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
He said his editorial time was being replaced more and more with infomercials. I think it was down to about 13 minutes or so, and on this show he has 16 to 17 maybe? Maybe more to it than that, but that's just the word on the street, and it's what he said as well. He is really personable and just as enthusiastic in person as he is on TV. He told me he took "real good care" of my car...didn't know just how good until today! BTW, he loves our FGT's.

I totally agree with HIM on the infomercials!!!!!!!!!! They drive me nuts!:thumbsdow 'Nice to hear an "industry person" voice the same annoyance as the folks on OUR side of the 'screen. I understand the show needs to generate $$$$ to stay on the air, but it's getting ridiculous. 'Has been for some time on a lot of shows now.

The show was over today B4 I read your post, what was he doing with/using your car FOR? A prop? A "mod" segment of some kind? What? (I'm going to catch the show Wednesday.)

('Agreed on the personable too. He and Leno are, "what you see is what you get", kinda guys.)

Last edited:

04mach1

Jan 2, 2007
Small town ohio
That dudes freaking sweet! Why did he switch channels? He was really the only thing spike had going for them.

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Hope you got new tires out of the deal :) He was spinning them pretty good.

Stacy seems to be a real Gearhead from everything I have heard. Didn't know when this episode was going to air...Had lunch with Keith Craft and his partner Rob who own a shop here in Dallas. They said Stacy was a class act. Knowing Keith's motors that little Miata is going to be a nasty little car.

matt

Roger Vincent

GT Owner
May 31, 2006
Bowling Green, KY
An introduction to the episode

"The show was over today B4 I read your post, what was he doing with/using your car FOR? A prop? A "mod" segment of some kind? What? (I'm going to catch the show Wednesday.)"

My SPF was used to introduce the concept of small car, big engine, the formula Shelby used in creating the Cobra. Stacy is putting a V8 into a Miata on the show. The first 3-4 minutes show him driving the SPF, doing some wheel spin, doughnuts, etc. Just generally having a blast and and a lot of fun. Some of the shots were taken at the Nashville Superspeedway, and some on the backroads around Hendersonville, TN. He just called out of the blue and said he heard I had an SPF and could he use it in one of his episodes. He is entertaining in person as well as on the screen. He's also a darn good musician, and has some classic electric guitars on his office wall. He's the kind of guy you would like to hang around with in the garage on a Saturday morning shooting the sheit and drinking a beer or two.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
"The show was over today B4 I read your post, what was he doing with/using your car FOR? A prop? A "mod" segment of some kind? What? (I'm going to catch the show Wednesday.)"

My SPF was used to introduce the concept of small car, big engine, the formula Shelby used in creating the Cobra. Stacy is putting a V8 into a Miata on the show. The first 3-4 minutes show him driving the SPF, doing some wheel spin, doughnuts, etc. Just generally having a blast and and a lot of fun. Some of the shots were taken at the Nashville Superspeedway, and some on the backroads around Hendersonville, TN. He just called out of the blue and said he heard I had an SPF and could he use it in one of his episodes. He is entertaining in person as well as on the screen. He's also a darn good musician, and has some classic electric guitars on his office wall. He's the kind of guy you would like to hang around with in the garage on a Saturday morning shooting the sheit and drinking a beer or two.

He played a guitar lick or two on "Trucks!" now and then. I remember on one episode ("Copperhead", I think) there was a guitar give away involved somehow or another. It had to do with ONE of those projects anyway.

I echo what 427 said above! If Stacy burned up your tires - he owes you a new pair! 'Settle for nuthin' less! :lol

(Hmmmmmmmm. V-8 Miata, huh? Can you say "Alpine??? )

Roger Vincent

GT Owner
May 31, 2006
Bowling Green, KY
Some pics of behind the scene

Here is a link to some behind the scenes to the show if you would like to see them. http://superformance.org/gearz

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Looks taller than I thought, and his hair is longer.