MY market Findings

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Jan 1, 2006
Chicago, IL
So, I have finally settled into my house, and bought the last of those damn things that you have to buy on a new house, like kitchen crap, window crap, eletronics (good, not crap), rugs crap, furniture crap, garage build out (good, not crap). So I got back into looking for a value priced GT, as I'm a frugal guy, and yes I know not all GT owners are, which is cool in my book.

So here is what I have found:

1. Used 2005 Ford GT White w/Blue, used from a ford dealer for 140k (has 2800 miles)
2. A Tungsten GT, new all options, for 159k
3. A 2005 Blue w/White early 05, for 156k
4. A 2006 Blue w/white 3k under sticker 164k
5. A late 05 yellow w/black for 160k
6. a 2006 tungsten for "around" sticker, willing to take 1 or 2k off sticker
7. 2005 red (not sure early or late) wants 155k (probably early) has 260 miles
8. 2005 Red $162,900 (new)

Also, from one of the friendly dealerships, I was able to receive an actual invoice, so I know now exactly (to the cents) what it costs for each option, what the hold back is and some other good information thats available on an invoice.

I reserve the right not to give contact information on the Cheapest Tungsten and Cheapest Blue as those are the only 2 cars I am looking for right now, and will buy one as soon as I nail down the best deal.

Thanks.

Jon

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Jon,

Thanks for sharing that information. Would you mind sending me a private message with the contact information for the dealership selling the white/blue GT? Thanks.

Best Regards,
Jason

markbrown.com

Mar 1, 2006
me too!

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR said:
So I got back into looking for a value priced GT, as I'm a frugal guy, and yes I know not all GT owners are, which is cool in my book.

Thanks. Jon

yea me too, and i am getting some offers now a few thousand below msrp. i know for a fact a guy who lives in oregon bought a tungsten gt for 10 off sticker from a tx dealer and this was many months ago. so i just want to buy something for 8 off sticker and i would be happy. just needs to be a new car and not some 5 plus mile dealer demo...

mark brown

ps in all this madness i bought a new z for msrp so i know i can get a gt surely.

z car

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Jan 1, 2006
Chicago, IL
Waldo said:
Jon,

Thanks for sharing that information. Would you mind sending me a private message with the contact information for the dealership selling the white/blue GT? Thanks.

Best Regards,
Jason

Yep, will do. I have no interest in the white, but thats a hell of a price if you ask me. They have probably sat on it for a few more days now, and lot the only guy who showed serious interest (me), so I would offer them lower, matter of fact, i didnt even nogotiate price, thats the FIRST number they threw at me. Will get you the information tonight, when i get home, its not here at work.

Jon

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Jan 1, 2006
Chicago, IL
Contact Numbers

2006 Ford GT Blue, 11 miles 3k under sticker 586-792-4100 x133 (Rob I believe, and the GM is Mike).

2006 Ford GT Tungsten, will do "couple grand under sticker" 800-247-5587, speak with Michael Brown.

2006 Red on order, in luissiana Frank Sales Manager is willing to deal on.

2005 Used, 2827 miles, at a ford dealershi8p 140,000 asking price, Make offer to Lisa the Sales manager 877-428-5290 (she will have to ask owner)

2005 Ford GT forgot color, (prob red) 155k GM is Ronda ($hit, didnt write down the number, but dealership name is Sloan Ford) (645 miles from Chicago)

2005 Red 162,900 (Ken Garff Tri City Ford)

2006 Tungsten 158k 269-217-2853 (65 miles on it)

Elite Ford is selling theirs for 1k under sticker (see how i didnt bother to write down the car info)

Still keeping 1 for myself :)

Jon

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Jon,

Thanks for sharing your information. Good luck with your search. Let us know how you do.

Best Regards,
Jason

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Jan 1, 2006
Chicago, IL
Waldo said:
Jon,

Thanks for sharing your information. Good luck with your search. Let us know how you do.

Best Regards,
Jason

No Prob Jason, yeah, I have my eye on an 06 that the guy is asking 5k over invoice for it. Not bad.. But even at 5k over invoice, he is pocketing $9,4XX.xx bucks. Not Chump change. Still urks me that Ford added 10k on top of early 05 sticker for the car, because thats a real 10k taken out of my pocket for the same car (other then color options) available the year before. No power upgrade, no suspension, no options changes.. nothing. Come to think of it, anyone else ever heard of a 10k MSRP increase on ANY other car from the factory for what amounts to the same car as the year before?

Ok rant over. Anyone wanna sell me a new car, delivery miles at invoice? (any color w/stripes other then white)? I'll even let you keep the $4,903.xx holdback :)

Jon

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Jon,

Good luck on the Blue one. That would be my color of choice. $5K over invoice? Your negotiating skills are far better then mine. Of course I think that would still be out of my price range.

I haven't had any luck getting in touch with Lisa yet, but I'm not in any hurry. If I can have the patience to not buy something else, a Blue GT will eventually drop into my price range.

Jason

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
the prices are starting to clumb again here in SoCal after they botomed at MSRP...better do it now...

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Jan 1, 2006
Chicago, IL
LEMANSZ said:
the prices are starting to clumb again here in SoCal after they botomed at MSRP...better do it now...

Not buying it. Maybe its a Cali thing, but across the country I have seen them continuing to drop. I have been making calls and speaking with dealerships for the last 6 months. I axiously await the day I can pick one up AT invoice, which still puts $4900+ bucks in the dealerships pocket.

Best deal of all of course would be picking up a 2005 AT invoice.. talk about a steal.

Jon

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I think the "gotta have it" markets will show a moderate increase in the next few months. That may very well be back to MSRP in some places. After hearing the final production tally, I think there will be more buyers than sellers long term, and some people may panic into paying more than they have to. I still think there will be plenty of dealerships willing to sell at or near MSRP (+ or -). As long as they aren't Scott Stubbs and BoneheadFord, that's fine by me... :lol

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
I don't care whetever you're 'buying it' or not...just info on the SoCal market. I have fielded calls from threee friends that are jonezing to buy and they can't find the color they want...I got what I wanted and as the supply diwindles buyyer may have to comprimse on color choice. Good luck on the 2005 at invoice or below

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Jan 1, 2006
Chicago, IL
LEMANSZ said:
I don't care whetever you're 'buying it' or not...just info on the SoCal market. I have fielded calls from threee friends that are jonezing to buy and they can't find the color they want...I got what I wanted and as the supply diwindles buyyer may have to comprimse on color choice. Good luck on the 2005 at invoice or below

Let me know what color they are looking for, I bet I can find it for them. If they are 'jonezing' to buy one, and what they want is not on my list above, then im sure they wouldnt mind picking up one of the cars that I know are available at slightly less then super prices. Let me know, I dont mind helping. I mean if people arent willing to travel to get these cars, or have them transported, then you are sometimes contrained by the local market, whether or not its on par with national.

Jon

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Try registering one more time and I'm calling the owner of your dealership. :bored

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Thanks DBK, defender of the faithful. Put the Architect on the them. They don't seem to get it.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Not so much a "they" as a "he". I don't care how many registered names I have to delete or IP's I have to deny. It's simply more that will make one individual look bad when I forward the e-mails I'm going to send to FoMoCo GVP's to his boss if it continues.

To quote Edward Norton, "You see this? It means NOT WELCOME."

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
DBK said:
I think the "gotta have it" markets will show a moderate increase in the next few months. That may very well be back to MSRP in some places. After hearing the final production tally, I think there will be more buyers than sellers long term, and some people may panic into paying more than they have to. I still think there will be plenty of dealerships willing to sell at or near MSRP (+ or -). As long as they aren't Scott Stubbs and BoneheadFord, that's fine by me... :lol

Do you have an update on estimated final production #s? I also agree there may be a temporary spike in selling prices for new GTs in selected areas. I also think a used GT, even low mileage garage queens, will be like most other used autos that aren't produced in really low #s, they will decline in $ value (but not emotional value to many of us) at least in the forseeable future. Of course I don't know about way down the road nor do I care. Love this car!!! :biggrin

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Jan 1, 2006
Chicago, IL
DBK said:
Try registering one more time and I'm calling the owner of your dealership. :bored

lol.. what did the moron say? I like seeing "permant vacation" on all the stupid names he comes up with. I take it you yanked his post.

Jon